+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: If you are getting security certificate errors in FF

Member Meadows is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Really not sure why this is happening to anyone :-/
    it's a valid certificate, you shouldn't need to set up an exception at all
    As if you'd know anything about this. (Take no offense, but this is not the first time you jump around a thread saying "I don't see the problem, there is no problem.")
    I needed to set up an exception as well, but that wasn't any hassle. Prism however needs its own settings, and it won't open the exception window for me, so I can't try out performance under Prism as of now.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Really not sure why this is happening to anyone :-/
    it's a valid certificate, you shouldn't need to set up an exception at all
    As if you'd know anything about this. (Take no offense, but this is not the first time you jump around a thread saying "I don't see the problem, there is no problem.")
    I needed to set up an exception as well, but that wasn't any hassle. Prism however needs its own settings, and it won't open the exception window for me, so I can't try out performance under Prism as of now.
    The image attached proved the certificate was indeed valid. Stating something is not a problem for me is not denial of the existence of a problem, acknowledged by stating I simply wasn't sure why it was happening at that time.

Prism is not quite the same case as firefox, and this thread wasn't about prism when my reply was posted. The prism plugin and prism stand alone are separate entities also.

Though you can settup security exceptions in most cases via creating a prism application direct to the security certificate manager, downloading the site certificate through that, and then manually copying it over to the prism app folder where you want the exception, this did not work with quakelive at first due to the way it was redirecting, despite the certificate being valid prism linked it to the wrong url and invalidated it. It is a problem I reported to Radix the day the new system went into place, before even seeing this thread, and it was rapidly sorted out, the prism plugin does work if you go to the effort of creating and copying over a cert_override.txt. (Or follow the instructions in post 6 of this thread, as kanzo kindly provided the file)

Elsewhere I'd posted that though the prism plugin no longer worked without hassle for quakelive, but you can use the stand-alone prism client instead, as that has been updated by mozilla some time ago to actually allow you to control security certificates from within prism properly.

Alternatively you can use the 'create application' option under the tools menu in google chrome for a similar experience with the chrome engine.

If people are still having this problem (excepting prism plugin users), and they've cleared any previously stored certificates for quakelive, then there is a possibility that the CDN is sending the wrong information.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 09-18-2010 at 12:08 PM.

*Tonydeeeeeeeeee
    I keep getting a message of Bad Address or something like that. I get it probably 8 out of 10 times which means i hardly get chance to play online, any idea's please?

*bradeeper
    Hi I had the same issue using Firefox Prism... I solved using Chrome and making an application for QL. I hope it'll work for you too.

-gL & hF-

*Tonydeeeeeeeeee
    I have the same issue using firefox and chrome? How do u mean "making an application" Sorry, i mess about online but i am no computer whizz so keep it simple for me :-)

When trying to get onto an online game it says "No or Bad challenge for address"

*bradeeper
    As Yakumo said in his post there's a feature similar to Firefox Prism in Chrome.
    With Chrome open quakelive.com, clik on the wrench icon on the bar, go in tools menu, there should be an option "create shortcut application" or something similar (my menu is in italian...). It allows you to make a desktop shortcut to quakelive website, it looks like an application cause no addressbar etc. Try login from there

If you have "No or Bad challenge for address" message again... try look in this forum:
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ge-for-address

(next time remember to look the Sticky Thread "Problem? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING" in this forum section)
    Last edited by bradeeper; 10-10-2010 at 07:43 AM.

*rohnrambo
    Very helpful...

+ Reply to Thread