+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: If you are getting security certificate errors in FF

Junior Member EiBmoZ is on a distinguished road
    i guess i'll go play starcraft, at lest it works

*LarryD14
    just turn your antivirus system off and it will let you in, then switcfh it back on once you logged in

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    If you are using Fire Fox do this...
    Go to tools / options / privacy tab... change the drop down to say "use custom settings for history" keep the accept cookies and third party cookies boxes checked. Then in exceptions add secure.quakelive.com and hit allow.
    This works for me with no problems.

stopped getting the certificate errors but i still can't connect to xmpp server

XMPP Connection Failure

We're sorry, but it appears you are having problems connecting to the QUAKE LIVE network. If you are behind a firewall you must make sure that it permits the following connection:

Protocol: TCP
    Host: xmpp.quakelive.com
    Port: 5222

Contact your network administrator for further instructions, or Click Here to look for help.

firewall is off, exception added to FF, still won't connect
    never had any problems during the beta

Member dead__last is on a distinguished road
    I can't log in... x64bit win 7. added exception, and the certificate, did it first through firefox interface then manually. browser.xul.error_pages.enabled 1 is done. Basically I've done everything in this forum for suggestions. Any ideas, I've uploaded the pic says uploading media. Anyone else encountered this: maybe its a new feature with my pro account.
    Attached Images

so your solution is to say there is no problem - thx.

solved by using chrome.

*frags4fun
    I have the same problem as dead__last - FireFox is simply not logging into QL account

Can anyone do something about that ? Whats wrong - the game, the browser or what !?

Internet Explorer is quite slow and bad for QL .

Junior Member PawNsTAr is an unknown quantity at this point
    im getting the same problem. took me half a day to work out ie7 still works, but i dont like using it.

hope it gets fixed sometime soon.

lol i love this, i got this error before when i tried to install quakelive after the game went live, so i just accepted the risk installed anyways, then i kept getting the xmpp.quakelive.com error, so i've been on this forum for what? 3-4 weeks asking for help. tech guys i've been emailing keep saying it's me, i tried everything they tell me, everything this forum tells me and still won't work. last email i get from quakelive tech support the guy makes a smart ass remark to me so i mouth off to him, so i don't exepect anymore help there. so after all that i break down and format my computer thinking well **** maybe it is me. so i format, update windows resintall drivers and firefox, and still get this error. i'm not going to accept the risk b/c i know if i just install it anyways i'll get the, cannot connect to xmpp.quakelive.com server ** error. i've also tried installing quakelive plugin under internet explorer and i can't even get threw that install without it giving me an error. so guess what quakelive team, you guys did a great job durring the beta, i got 700+ games played under the beta, but your live game is broken and all you guys can do is sit back and say "well other people connect so it must be you", so maybe you can explain why i keep getting these ******** errors on a completely fresh install of vista with nothing installed other then firefox and drivers on it? i know this is pointless to ask/post b/c you guys aren't going to answer anyways, i guess i just like beating my head against a brick wall.

+ Reply to Thread