+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error Code 14: Quake Live core entry point missing.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar

Error Code 14: Quake Live core entry point missing.

1. Please be sure that you are running windows with a user account that has Administrative privileges.
    2. If using IE please add http://quakelive.com to the trusted zone by double clicking at the bottom of the window edge where it says 'protected mode' and also untcking the " Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone" box
    3. Clear your browsers cookies/cache
    4. Try the site again

Once the above steps have been completed, if this still fails, locate your baseq3 directory which contains the .pk3 files and remove it (it should be at the same level as the /home/ directory covered in this post , the game will recreate this directory and re-download the files with correct permissi

Senior Member Drill_Sarge is on a distinguished road Drill_Sarge's Avatar

ERROR: Quake Live core entrypoint missing

everytime I want to join a game I get this message:

http://666kb.com/i/bm5dotupg6pny5nsq.png

I cant play any games anymore, just this error message. it worked about 1 hour ago - now nothing ;(

Senior Member Drill_Sarge is on a distinguished road Drill_Sarge's Avatar
    okay everything works now again. did nothing. dunno what caused this...

*KFZed
    Just ran into this today - upgrading machines, so...

For Linux users, on later kernels, running apparmor (turning into Windows one step at a time) ...

You may see messages with "type=1503 audit" in them, this is apparmor being a pain,
    the file it's looking for is at the end, but you may also see a mmap error on the quake binary,
    but the preload config causes the fatal error as seen in the snapshot above (on Linux)

if you know what you'd doing ...

stop and teardown
    modify the /etc/apparmor.d/firefox file (end filename will change according to install)

add a line

/etc/ld.so.preload r,

reload and start apparmor

*JeffReyes
    Quote Originally Posted by KFZed View Post
    Just ran into this today - upgrading machines, so...

For Linux users, on later kernels, running apparmor (turning into Windows one step at a time) ...

You may see messages with "type=1503 audit" in them, this is apparmor being a pain,
    the file it's looking for is at the end, but you may also see a mmap error on the quake binary,
    but the preload config causes the fatal error as seen in the snapshot above (on Linux)

if you know what you'd doing ...

stop and teardown
    modify the /etc/apparmor.d/firefox file (end filename will change according to install)

add a line

/etc/ld.so.preload r,

reload and start apparmor
    This can also happen with SElinux enabled, set a rule or temporary disable with "sudo setenforce 0"

Junior Member GrumpyOldT is on a distinguished road
    You can still use selinux enforcing just enter as root with your username to alllow QuakeLIve to work

chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/home/username/.quakelive/quakelive/home/baseq3/quakelive.i386.so'

*longhorns1300
    can anyone say how to get tha fatal error out of my way

every time
    Last edited by longhorns1300; 08-26-2011 at 08:12 PM.

*ppk01
    i have tried all the things in first post and i still cant join any match... i have tried it in IE7 and firefox 6.0 chrome doesnt even load the main page... it sux!

*lukasaYb
    i get this error now too

+ Reply to Thread