+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ErrorCode 15: Quake Live core extraction failed

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar

ErrorCode 15: Quake Live core extraction failed

1. Please be sure that you are running windows with a user account that has Administrative privileges.
    2. If using IE please add http://quakelive.com to the trusted zone by double clicking at the bottom of the window edge where it says 'protected mode' and also untcking the " Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone" box
    3. Clear your browsers cookies/cache
    4. Try the site again

Once the above steps have been completed, if this still fails, locate your baseq3 directory which contains the .pk3 files and remove it (it should be at the same level as the /home/ directory covered in this post , the game will recreate this directory and re-download the files with correct permissions when you log in again.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 08-09-2010 at 04:50 PM.

*CHiLLuMiNaTi
    did this several time but still have the problem. Tried it with firefox and IE8 but have the same error.....need help!!! how can i fix this problem?? need help, need help, need help!!

*CHiLLuMiNaTi
    just to give some more information I use win7 and mozilla firefox normally and played for a long time without any problems. after i had the core extraction error i tried several thing like the things in the instruction(tried with IE8, removing all the cookies/cache and removing .pk3 files), remove and reinstall firefox, removing the hole id software directory. I dont know if it affects but im running win7 under testmode to overclock the usb port. but it worked a month under testmode without any problems so i'm not sure if thats the problem. I even tried to remove the punkbuster and quakelive plugin and reinstalled it or used the repair funktion of the downloaded quakelive.msi install file but nothing seems to work!
    i looked in the firefox console after i had this error and it seems to be something wrong with some .css files.... but i dont know how they can cause this problem or even less how to fix it!
    REALLY REALLY NEED HELP FAST!
    thx in advance

Member John_Clark is an unknown quantity at this point
    we need some new information guys. Everyone is suddenly getting this problem again. The solutions that were working three months ago (august) are not fixing the problem. This is a new problem. (it's november.)

*CHiLLuMiNaTi
    system restoring worked for me...but what was the problem?

*bslinkman
    nothing's working.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Post exactly what your OS is, and your browser (including version number) please if we are to have any hope of tracking this down.

*bslinkman
    windows xp, home edition, version 2002, service pack 2

Junior Member Grendel81 is on a distinguished road
    I get the same error, but only in IE8. When I try to use FF, it just sits at a blank ad screen. Clicking on an ad brings up an error about not knowing how to handle ttp: type requests. I'm running Windows 7 Professional (x86), SP 1, IE 8.0.7601.17514, and FF 3.6.16. This all worked yesterday. I've deleted the contents of the Quake Live folder, and allowed them to update. I've reinstalled my video drivers from NVIDIA (267.59), but still no joy. Several reboots as well (after each stage).
    Last edited by Grendel81; 04-12-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bslinkman View Post
    windows xp, home edition, version 2002, service pack 2
    You have very old version of XP, install SP3 + all updates, then try.
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .

QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

+ Reply to Thread