+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake live network XMPP / port 5222

Junior Member INSTi is on a distinguished road
    19:50.46 <SyncError|work> we'd hate to introduce a code issue just before the tournament

";D"

*mon0
    haha yeah selfpwnage.

Junior Member Ov3r_Vinie is on a distinguished road
    same probblem here.

*Biznackl3
    Thanks for update, Yak.

Still would be nice for the site to let us know. QL is having a problem, instead of insinuating we are having a problem on our end, that need to be troubleshot.
    Last edited by Biznackl3; 11-22-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Junior Member skobel is on a distinguished road
    same problem here, yestarday everything worked fine, today I have this problem (tried also from my office - the same error appears)

*bertox
    Ok so this isn't me....cause i just setup Emacs with facebook chat and noticed they use the same port lol...i was like **** BALLS, what did i do!?! Nothing. it's you guys....as usual.

Junior Member _noa is on a distinguished road
    I'm having the same issues as _elvis up there. It was working perfect earlier this morning, however when I try to log on to the QL network now i'm met with the XMPP CONNECTION FALURE PLEASE TRY AGAIN LOL error. plz halp

*Wiw3K
    Quote Originally Posted by baxley View Post
    Ok so this isn't me....cause i just setup Emacs with facebook chat and noticed they use the same port lol...i was like **** BALLS, what did i do!?! Nothing. it's you guys....as usual.
    naaa, i have not set up on port 5222, just checked with This and also restarted comp - still error.

Member zoxjq is on a distinguished road
    Am boring of trying to connect. Crap like this simply shouldn't happen when people are paying for a service, fact.

*clowny

Smile Same problem

Ive usaly got this in the past but this was due to the quakelive servers beening flogged with crap they dont need , they patch this game to the high hell and expect the servers to hold there ground with more and more data beening flogged onto them!

Quakelives coding and server hangups lads thats all. Wait till its fixed. If you get it all the time and never have been on the quakelive server that is isp traffic blocking or firewall probelms , remember when you turn off firewall on win7 it ant actuly off! you must go into the firewall advanced section and located this area!

windows firewall/advanced settings / in this panel you will see 3 firewalls not 1 like you would think, go into the advanced panel under the text of the firewalls . there you will find rules for inbound and outbound (i have allowed all for me!) also in that section you will find and area showing the 3 firewalls proberties domain / public etc with 3 options make sure non show BLOCK!) Hope this helps a few people. Also on the side note if you have already done this make note of youre internal ip and address it in firefox this should show youre router page! go to portforward.com find youre router and follow the steps towards the game you use to port them , once its done thats it! unless you hard reset ur router!.

Enjoy gaming fella's!
    Last edited by clowny; 11-22-2010 at 12:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread