+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Quake live network XMPP / port 5222

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've asked this before in this thread (too lazy to look) but what can you do if it's someone else's router (read as "college") and you want to play? Is there any way to do it?
    You mean the ports are blocked? I figure there must be a way around that, ie. you go through the allowed ports but then have a virtual port outside that.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    You mean the ports are blocked? I figure there must be a way around that, ie. you go through the allowed ports but then have a virtual port outside that.
    I get the message of:

Code:
    XMPP Connection Failure    

We're sorry, but it appears you are having problems connecting to the  QUAKE LIVE network. If you are behind a firewall you must make sure that  it permits the following connection:

Protocol: TCP
    Host: xmpp.quakelive.com
    Port: 5222

Contact your network administrator for further instructions, or Click Here to look for help.
    (glad someone else posted it on the first page so I could reply today and not tomorrow when I'm there haha) I'm also unable to connect to minecraft multiplayer servers, Steam, and my IRC client if this helps any.

*Beasto0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    • Get TCPVIEW from sysinternals ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897437.aspx ) and use this to see if something is actually running on port 5222 already, if so, evaluate what it is and decide if you need to remove it.
    • If not, restart PC, Router, Modem and then see.
    • It could just be a temporary problem with your ISP, or the quakelive servers.
    • ZoneAllarm commonly causes this problem, open port 5222 in ZoneAllarm or try a different product instead.
    • check you can resolve xmpp.quakelive.com by attempting to ping it ( ping xmpp.quakelive.com in a command prompt) ask others to confirm the IP is the same. If not have you altreed your "hosts" file? remove any quakelive entries from it.
    Where host file?

Junior Member re is on a distinguished road
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_%28file%29
    That hosts file.

Only in night i can play without problems, but now, in the afternoon i have same problem like others.

*pushist1y
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico_QD View Post
    UPDP: I've solve problem! One crypto program (for crypto securite keys support) did this trouble, after uninstalling - everything is good!
    sorry for my english
    Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

Confirm, removig popular russian crypto provider (CryptoPro CSP 3.6 in my case) helps!

*n44SteeP
    What you have there is the port used to play everything was fing but right now .... Pipeline stupid do you hear how it was!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n44SteeP View Post
    What you have there is the port used to play everything was fing but right now .... Pipeline stupid do you hear how it was!!!!!!!!!
    I don't follow.

Junior Member Endorion is on a distinguished road
    how do i solve this problem, have been trying to play for ages but ni dice.. i have shut down everything.. reinstalled my os and tried hooking my compy up to the cable gateway itself but so far no luck. There may be an awnser related to this but i think its on my ispīs side. Can i just connect on another port?

*kyleschreur
    ssooo. two years later. im getting it again ...... any help!??!?!?

Junior Member 34sy is on a distinguished road
    I also have this problem. I can ping/tracert xmpp.quakelive.com (packets are going to and form the server), firewalls are not running, tcpview says there is a communication with xmpp.quakelive.com:5222 but I receive the problem anyway.

any solution?

+ Reply to Thread