+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: QuakeLive / FireFox crash after closing/joining 2nd game

Banned CooloutAC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydeus View Post
    Same here, crashing all the time since the update recently. very annoying. tried different drivers with no luck.
    which update are you talking about quakelive update or firefox? only other thing i did on the 7th was update my xp.

the microsoft .net framework. would have that anything to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Salamatiqus View Post
    Try second link on my sig
    I've seen you post this before. IF i figure out what the second link is, or what your trying to say do i become Illuminati like you? lol

are you asking for specs?

p4 3.2 1 gig ram nvidia 7600 gs xp home

only thing changed on my computer in the past week possible a quakelive update? a firefox update?

and a windows update which updated some microsoft .net framework stuff.

the window pops up asking me to close firefox when the add stops on 10 seconds..... after trying to join a second game. I tried switching the drivers. i don't see why that would be the case though since this only started within the past week.
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 10-14-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Same thing happens to me with internet explorer. I don't know.

I even tried reinstalling adobe flash player i still say it has to do with the ad before joining a match.

Senior Member mellow is on a distinguished road mellow's Avatar
    I uninstalled Quake Live (removed cfgs, game files everything) and I uninstalled firefox completely. Just for the sake of experimenting I backed up everything but didn't put them back into my folders. The crash still happened. I doubt it has anything to do with drivers because I haven't updated or downgraded my drivers and QL has been working without crashing up until a week ago. Either way, it's the Company's responsibility to fix this, especially if there are paying customers experiencing this problem.

*Shadenine
    Firefox a long time ago had a crashingfest and pretty much EVERYONE who was using FF had a crash every other game, the problem went away after a little update for most people but for me FF continued to crash but it usually just closed out quickly once a day and I could go on playing after the first one. Now the problem has come back it crashes every other game and I`m getting annoyed. I reinstalled QL and it didnt help. It also enjoys muting the game every once in a while and I deleted cookies uninstalled several unused applications and it only happened today everything was fine yesterday. YAY... No offense to QL developers the game is great... but should you guys really have moved QL out of beta without getting rid of the common bugs?

*Shadenine
    Actually i started using prism and it doesnt crash nearly as much... I`ll probably use it from now on.

Member killdyabrohaha is on a distinguished road
    so much for weekend play it was working an hr ago here in Australia.
    now ya join.just a black screen shows after the add , nothing happns .
    Nice 1 QL .now fix it,,,,,pls.....& yes i tryed out the preferd drivers.

format ya add yere,...not paying for premium till this is fixd. ALSO STILL NO PAYPAL on ya QL
    feel sorry to those who have paid for the game....PPPFFFTTT.

Senior Member Vaxwarp is on a distinguished road Vaxwarp's Avatar
    Wonder if this is my issue, it only started recently, and the "second game" bit sounds related..

I get a crash sometimes, but more often I get this "hang" right after hitting a joingame and the screen clears to go to the "awaiting challenge" screen, but it does not get there, it hangs for 30 secs or 45 or even 60 secs...and then, if it has not crashed it will load. If it is crashed, it just stays here...'til I end the process.

http://img827.imageshack.us/f/stuckatscreen.jpg/

so, related? or something else..anyone else getting the crash right there?
    (FWIW: using xp, ati card with no recent change in drivers, latest firefox -- did a defrag the other night, and used CCcleaner, cleared caches, etc, still does this)
    Last edited by Vaxwarp; 10-15-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Senior Member SergeantRock44 is an unknown quantity at this point SergeantRock44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaxwarp View Post
    Wonder if this is my issue, it only started recently, and the "second game" bit sounds related..

I get a crash sometimes, but more often I get this "hang" right after hitting a joingame and the screen clears to go to the "awaiting challenge" screen, but it does not get there, it hangs for 30 secs or 45 or even 60 secs...and then, if it has not crashed it will load. If it is crashed, it just stays here...'til I end the process.

http://img827.imageshack.us/f/stuckatscreen.jpg/

so, related? or something else..anyone else getting the crash right there?
    (FWIW: using xp, ati card with no recent change in drivers, latest firefox -- did a defrag the other night, and used CCcleaner, cleared caches, etc, still does this)
    I think that's related, Vax.....I also am now getting this.....just started last night for me....

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    If you have an Nvidia graphics card, and you have this specific problem ( able to load the game once, then when you quit, and then trying to load the game again causes a crash, browser restart and youy can play again) try this -

Go to :

Nvidia control pannel ->
    Manage 3d settings ->
    Program Settings ->

Find the web browsers you play quakelive with (internet explorer, firefox, chome, opera) and set

"Threaded Optimization" to OFF

This has solved this problem for me since it started to happen again with the most recent drivers, and does not negatively effect quakelive's 3d performance.

+ Reply to Thread