Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Grey/Black Screen as game tries to start

Member Spooky2 is on a distinguished road
    Reset help thx you're the man!!!

Junior Member perizhilton is on a distinguished road
    "Please use the website -> game settings to select 640x480, and then try the game, then use the in game menu (press escape) to select the actual resolution you wish to play."

I can't use the settings through the website, it just sends me to a page telling me to download the launcher.. This problem really needs to be fixed, I've done everything humanly possible to try and fix it. My launcher crashes every time i click the play button. I really want to play....
    Last edited by perizhilton; 12-18-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Junior Member Konahenkka is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, fix this fast so that people can play. I can't reset my gamesettings and can't get into the game. "Window class" error comes every time.

Why can't people reset default settings trough the website?
    Last edited by Konahenkka; 12-31-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perizhilton View Post
    "Please use the website -> game settings to select 640x480, and then try the game, then use the in game menu (press escape) to select the actual resolution you wish to play."

I can't use the settings through the website, it just sends me to a page telling me to download the launcher.. This problem really needs to be fixed, I've done everything humanly possible to try and fix it. My launcher crashes every time i click the play button. I really want to play....
    Quote Originally Posted by Konahenkka View Post
    Yeah, fix this fast so that people can play. I can't reset my gamesettings and can't get into the game. "Window class" error comes every time.

Why can't people reset default settings trough the website?
    Whilst you can't currently adjust your game settings through the website, the option to reset everything to default is still available. Go to quakelive.com, log in, go to settings, account settings, then on the left under profile settings is the option to reset saved settings, which will put everything back to default.

Hope that helps.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    updated to point to correct config reset procedure for the standalone, this is an old thread, only the main sticky was checked over.

Junior Member creamer is on a distinguished road
    thank you so much flanger you helped me fix my game woo woo

Junior Member DocOctagon is on a distinguished road
    Same thing here plz help.When i go reset default setting nothing really happens...I cant to go game setting coz is telling me to dowload and when i go to my lancher blue little screen apears with the problem with are talking about...

Junior Member DocOctagon is on a distinguished road
    Fix it NVM.

Junior Member NozVatLapined is on a distinguished road
    Resets settings doesen't work. And i can't edit the qzconfig file, no program to open it. Need help, i've been stupid, my computer resolution is 1366x768, and i've put on quake 1280x800. What can i do ?
    Last edited by NozVatLapined; 02-02-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NozVatLapined View Post
    Resets settings doesen't work. And i can't edit the qzconfig file, no program to open it. Need help, i've been stupid, my computer resolution is 1366x768, and i've put on quake 1280x800. What can i do ?
    Use wordpad or notepad.

Then: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post282230

Closed Thread