Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Grey/Black Screen as game tries to start

Junior Member p1nghax is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone found a resolution for this problem......????

I have tried all of the above steps. I also, installed latest drivers for my vid cards. BTW dual 260's in my alienware laptop MX17. More than capable for this game. I have rolled them back, I have installed new.. I have re slotted my cards on the hardware end. I have then gone and tried to uninstall, fix and or reinstall quake live.. and all broswers, IE, Firefox, the Quake live stand a lone broswer as well. I have gone into configs, and messed with the settings there. I have reinstalled all defaults, I have tried basically everything and anything that I can find out to change update, delete, reinstall, etc... and the thing I keep coming to, was that the game functioned properly on my end constantly with no problems whatsoever.

Then the patch came out which you are forced to install updates to have the latest content. Then it stopped working and I get a grey screen in which I can hear things going on in game, as you would join, however I get no video on the screen either in windowed mode or full screen. At any resolution. I have tried literally everything. Has anyone looked into this?? and or other people still having the same issue?? If so what is being done about it.

I would just like a bit of help if possible.

Thanks,

Mark

*MucGhuine
    The resolutions given do not resolve the problem for me and some of my colleagues. The system we're both running is windows 7 64-bit. The hardware is a HP compaq nc8430 (ati mobility radeon x1600) and a Dell latitude d630. Both worked fine a few weeks ago.
    As everybody asking questions about grey screens with 64-bit windows 7 is sent to this page (for example see this page), it would be nice if this page would actually contain a fix for our problem.

Thanx,
    Léon

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Most problems people are having is the wrong gpu drivers for the prebuilt machines. Prebuilt machines have crippled bios and everything else, meaning d/ling gpu drivers they were not made by the manufacture can cause issues. So if you bought your machine at bestbuy or whatever you don't go to nvidia/ati website for drivers
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Junior Member nemz420 is on a distinguished road
    I have the same problem. (I was playing in 1024x768) Now that I changed it to a higher resolution. Now it works in Fullscreen. (GL all)

*Pweor
    I had the same problem when I had a custom cfg file loading. It had a bunch of stuff in there, but something in there was causing the problem. I didn't take the time to figure out exactly what it was, but I bet someone smarter than me can.

Junior Member rocKaNigga is on a distinguished road
    now you can't even adjust your quake settings you have to join a practice how the hell do you join a practice to fix your settings when its doing that grey screen crap!

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocKaNigga View Post
    now you can't even adjust your quake settings you have to join a practice how the hell do you join a practice to fix your settings when its doing that grey screen crap!
    Well first you'd fix the grey screen issue by doing what was said in the first post. Then you'd go into a practice match and change the settings. Kind of obvious though TBH :P

*TheFFFUUUguy
    ---SOLVED---

I have a problem when trying to join any stage of the training center: The screen is black but it works normally. I can jump, move, everything but see what is going on.

Any ideas?

Playing on win7, chrome, intel processor
    Last edited by TheFFFUUUguy; 06-13-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Solved the problem

*Razertail
    When i open the game it loads to the point were i am in-gma but i can't click anywere in the game window i have re-set my in-game settings 6 times and i have had no change i don't understand whats wroung i can't even play in the training mod

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFFFUUUguy View Post
    ---SOLVED---

I have a problem when trying to join any stage of the training center: The screen is black but it works normally. I can jump, move, everything but see what is going on.

Any ideas?

Playing on win7, chrome, intel processor
    I'm glad you fixed it, but sadly I doubt you'll return now you have, but I do wish people would explain what they did if they have so others could benefit too :/

Closed Thread