Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Grey/Black Screen as game tries to start

Junior Member NozVatLapined is on a distinguished road
    Thanks a lot Lorfa <3

Junior Member Anuburakable is on a distinguished road
    In the Quake Live folder there is only a map called redist, Launcher, Newtonsoft.Json, and Uninstall so I don't know what you guys get these gzconfig files from, Other then that , i have the same problem...

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuburakable View Post
    In the Quake Live folder there is only a map called redist, Launcher, Newtonsoft.Json, and Uninstall so I don't know what you guys get these gzconfig files from, Other then that , i have the same problem...
    Wrong folder.

Config files on win vista/7/8 are in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3\

On XP: C:\documents and settings\USERNAME\Application Data\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3\

Junior Member Anuburakable is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Wrong folder.

Config files on win vista/7/8 are in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3\

On XP: C:\documents and settings\USERNAME\Application Data\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3\

Thank you so much man it worked

*invitingdpeman
    ive located the files i just cant change the setting aNY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by invitingdpeman View Post
    ive located the files i just cant change the setting aNY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
    You'll have to be more specific. Why can't you change it?

Change r_mode to -2, and/or r_fullscreen to 0 if you find it in either qzconfig.cfg, repconfig.cfg, or autoexec.cfg

Junior Member hoze is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    If you are suffering a grey screen as the game client tries to load, or the message - GLW_CreateWindow:could not register window class:

This is commonly caused by one or more of the following:[LIST][*]Incompatible video card [*]OpenGL ICD crash
    • Please try rebooting your system
    [*]No OpenGL system installed, or corrupted
    • please (re) install graphics drivers from your card manufacturer (eg ATI/Nvidia/Intel) and not from Windows Update as they do not contain the OpenGL ICD.
    [*] Incompatible resolution for current display monitor[*]
    • If that fails please locate your config files, If you have manually created .cfg files or used /writeconfig autoexec you will have to go through them and find and remove r_mode and r_displayrefresh settings (or set r_displayrefresh to 0)
      then in either autoexec.cfg or qzconfig.cfg set desktop resolution via seta r_mode -2 or the 1024x768 setting seta r_mode 12
    • If that fails please read the very bottom of the first post on the support sticky to reset your config to default properly.
    What to do if my LocalLow folder is empty and i reset on website and stil got could not register class window error?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Vista/win7/8 -
    Code:
    %AppData%\..\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3
    XP -
    Code:
    %appdata%\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3
    copy and paste those lines in exactly into the Windows Explorer address bar, or "start-> run" then hit enter, they can't be empty or you wouldn't even see the error message, you just have hidden files/folders enabled.

Closed Thread