Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Grey/Black Screen as game tries to start

*Kashcha
    very nice!
    this thread is already closed: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ndows-7-64-bit)
    without solution of problem!

Junior Member Shaahinflamenco is on a distinguished road
    I tried all the solutions above, none worked. haven't been able to play the game since the last update. it was working just fine before the update. Macbook pro nvidia 9400 snow leopard.

*excision
    ok this is how u fix it i had the same problem b4 so here is what u do u go to game setting an change ur screen settings to the smallest settings possible then after u do that join a game an set it back to what ever screen size u want

*Sinthe
    I've got the same problem. Game was working perfectly and then gray screen appeared. I've tried everything posted on forum. Nothing works. So the thread should go on

*Baroushdoo2

What the heck

I'm using winxp and right after the advertisement I'm suddenly getting nothing but a black game window. It was working fine yesterday and earlier today.

*Cyan1D3
    This is very frustrating as I have tried everything - at least 4 times. Same questions/comments.. why did everything work fine before the official launch and now nothing. I have installed new drivers, old drivers, windows drives, Nvidia Drivers.. deleted files, recreated files, moved files, uninstalled quake, installed quake.. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING... There has to be a better explanation as to what is happeneing.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    have you tried any other openGL applications?

Junior Member bgj is on a distinguished road
    Login to your account, then SETTINGS -> GAME SETTINGS -> GAME SETTINGS. In Video options panel change your fullscreen resolution to "maximum" (or try some lower res if that doesn't help).

Junior Member 4mphatic is on a distinguished road
    Same here... my mates believe i drive crazy and its all placebo... Where can i get medicine ? :>

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan1D3 View Post
    This is very frustrating as I have tried everything - at least 4 times. Same questions/comments.. why did everything work fine before the official launch and now nothing. I have installed new drivers, old drivers, windows drives, Nvidia Drivers.. deleted files, recreated files, moved files, uninstalled quake, installed quake.. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING... There has to be a better explanation as to what is happeneing.

*DeGenOne
    Hey! I get a flashing grey screen when I enter fullscreen mode (I see the game screen for a second and then it goes back to the gray screen for a second) however this happens on Firefox but not with Chrome. (I prefer FF so I'd like to resolve this)

Thanks!

Closed Thread