+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Low FPS problem - 'Computer should handle game fine.'

*ascarids
    Quote Originally Posted by travnasty16 View Post
    The following solved the problem for me on windows 7 64bit with an AMD 955 and ATI HD5850:

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change advanced settings > Processor power management > Put Minimum processor state at 100%

Mine was at 5%. Total newb move.
    Thnx, it works for me

*ascarids
    Quote Originally Posted by ascarids View Post
    Thnx, it works for me
    Bleh, my mistake, still fps dropping :F less, but still..

*HuveT
    On some servers my fps doesnt get above 100. But on the rest the fps stays at 125..?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HuveT View Post
    On some servers my fps doesnt get above 100. But on the rest the fps stays at 125..?
    some *servers* or some *maps*?
    If you're talking about (for example) Siberia, Quarantine, Asylum, it's because of the dust/snow falling on the map.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Just got myself a medium-tiered MSI (Intel i5, GeForce 520M, tons of RAM). The first attempt to run QL gave me like 28-30 fps on Ironworks (not in the middle, though; near the flag it was).

COME ON.

PS. consider the fact that like half of the config is saved server-side, so I'm not exactly trying to run a full HD view with picmip 0 and bloom.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    -^ Update your gpu drivers from whoever made your laptop/computer
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Junior Member Gbz is on a distinguished road
    Okay here's my problem,

Im running a Quad core with 4gb ram and a GeForce 8800 Ultra so not a bad spec yet when I jump in game I get a 2fps and cant open the console. Ive been through this forum loads of times looking for answers and tried pretty much all driver and web browser options. Because It wont let me pull the console down I cant check the Cvars either. Ive also looked at power settings and defaujlting my CFG and this hasnt seemed to change anything, I thought it might be FF but I have IE 8 and I evan get the same problem in that.

Any suggestions guys ? Been traveling for a year and need to fix this problem so I can catch up on some serious quakage

Banned Fudge911 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Withheld by the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbz View Post
    Okay here's my problem,

Im running a Quad core with 4gb ram and a GeForce 8800 Ultra so not a bad spec yet when I jump in game I get a 2fps and cant open the console. Ive been through this forum loads of times looking for answers and tried pretty much all driver and web browser options. Because It wont let me pull the console down I cant check the Cvars either. Ive also looked at power settings and defaujlting my CFG and this hasnt seemed to change anything, I thought it might be FF but I have IE 8 and I evan get the same problem in that.

Any suggestions guys ? Been traveling for a year and need to fix this problem so I can catch up on some serious quakage
    To open console Alt + CTRL + ~ ( Key to the left of 1).
    Then type "com_allowconsole 1" and "writeconfig autoexec.cfg"

*SEEN
    ___0
    _________________________________________________O __________________________________________________ ________
    =-----------------------___________________________________o______________ _______________________________O
    -==________________________________________________ ___________O
    o///___________

Member Proto_Man is on a distinguished road
    I'm trying to see if IE runs better but when I tried... it's all white including the menu of the mian page of quakelive and the menus are all bugged at the bottom of the page and some are at the top is all messed up.

I need help running this on the best settings so I don't drop below 50 fps in most maps.

+ Reply to Thread