Nearly any problem you have will have been asked about before, This post will try and keep up to date with common problems and if/when possible the solutions so you will not have to read the whole linked thread.
So please do read through the thread titles listed here to see if your problem has been discussed already instead of starting a duplicate thread.
When posting a new problem please state your operating system, your graphics card and your web browser.
Issues starting the game client(joining servers)
- Windows 8.1 input (mouse) lag
- Every single player looks the same (green keel) [fix]
- Can't move in game, keys don't work, Comcast GuardedID
- How do I get timers on HUD ??
- Some maps a lot brighter or darker than others [fixes]
- Preferred graphics processor problem (Nvidia Optimus)
- Screen size shrunk with borders [solution]
- ATICatalyst drivers version 10.5 and 10.6 have gfx problems, use 10.4 or 10.7
- Low FPS problem.Computer should handle game fine.
- The Mouse Fix
- Issues w/ Training Match Submitting / Activating
- Grey/Black Screen as game tries to start : Resolution/hz or Intel x3100 on win7 problem.
- Fix the ping!!!
- Bad Ping Do to Routing? Possible Temporary fix!
- Why does Quake Live start twice? [solution]
- Hunk data failed to allocate xxxx megs
- QuakeLive / FireFox crash after closing/joining 2nd game (Nvidia solution?)
- GLW_CreateWindow:could not register window class (or grey screen/crash on start)
- Quake live network XMPP / port 5222
- ErrorCode 15: Quake Live core extraction failed -fixes
- Error Code 14: Quake Live core entry pointmissing.
- No or bad challenge for address - solutions
Installation Or Update Errors
- InternetExplorer - Can't install plugin/start play -solution
- Error Code 9:Quake Live has experienced an errordownloading it's file manifest.
- If you are getting security certificate errors in FF
- Mismatched User State Detected
- Can't install QuakeZeroIEHelper.ocx failed to register
- Problem with updating QuakeLive (error 2738 / registry access)
- Error reading npcleanup.vbs
- Punkbuster is currently not active
- PunkBuster FAQFor configuration problems, often the quickest fix is a full reset -
To reset to defaults completely, on the website click Settings -> then click Reset Settings Defaults to clear even the server stored config.
If you had manually created an autoexec.cfg you would need to delete it before doing this, as that would override any defaults set the moment you start the game client. And also remove qzconfig.cfg and repconfig.cfg if you had changed the permissions on those files.