+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Recording Guide v2

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by en3rgy View Post
    ''Open up Vdub and go to video>framerate and change it to whatever you recorded at.''

If you record at 200FPS you will need to reduce that to 100FPS or less in vdub, as vegas only supports upto 100FPS.
    You don't load the video in 100fps..... You load it in what your final fps will be for the movie.

Also rendering to 100 from vdub will mess up the resample and the ability to slow it down even more in vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzerphuk View Post
    Well if you're using vegas only cap at 100 then. It'll look better if the framerate is constant at all stages.
    Don't listen to his post.

I use vegas and cap in 200 and load the video in 30 in the program. it creates that blur and has the extra frames for more slowmo.

For my new coloris 2 movie i had to cap in 5000fps for something. If i opened it in vdub and used 100fps then it would defeat the whole purpose what i was trying to achieve.
    Last edited by Domino; 08-31-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Member Wazzerphuk is on a distinguished road
    Good point on the slowmo, I'd forgotten about that actually.

Did you miss my previous question due to the edit btw? Or is there no way? I can't see one in any of the settings.

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Another day wasted on trying to achieve a good quality video on Youtube. Fail.
    This is the best HD quality I could get (if you can call that "quality")
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMFnlmvUgw

Any tips or tricks for Youtube quality are appreciated.

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzerphuk View Post
    Good point on the slowmo, I'd forgotten about that actually.

Did you miss my previous question due to the edit btw? Or is there no way? I can't see one in any of the settings.
    You probably timed your demos using time down.

Also go to the top of the program and click options>preferences>edit and make sure the first box is unchecked.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarklar View Post
    Another day wasted on trying to achieve a good quality video on Youtube. Fail.
    This is the best HD quality I could get (if you can call that "quality")
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMFnlmvUgw

Any tips or tricks for Youtube quality are appreciated.

Video is private XD

Also don't try so hard to get amazing quality on youtube. It's youtube..it always sucks with quality.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBabee View Post
    You probably timed your demos using time down.

Also go to the top of the program and click options>preferences>edit and make sure the first box is unchecked.
    I did indeed. And it is off. Bahs! Cheers anyway

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBabee View Post
    Video is private XD

Also don't try so hard to get amazing quality on youtube. It's youtube..it always sucks with quality.
    Damn, I already set it to Public but it didn't save I guess. :P I did it again again, try watching it now.

Yea I know Youtube won't have a great quality, but any fragmovie I watch has a better quality than my testvideos. They are horrible. This one I posted is a lot better than those, but still very bad.
    Last edited by Marklar; 08-31-2010 at 05:52 PM.

*Domino
    I'm just going to post this just in case energy comes back or nobody believes me.

I capped one in 200fps and another in 100. Rendered each one out in their capped framerates in vdub and loaded them both in vegas at 30fps.

*Domino
    200fps is the sweet spot for resample blur imo. if you do more it will be a little too much. anything below 200 will start looking worse. Might as well not use resample if you are using below 200 because fast turns will spread the frames and you will see more trailing which looks bad.

Don't suppose you know of a good post or link to all the console commands? Need to fiddle with various bits, particularly things like turning off connection messages, that QL bubble, scores etc.

+ Reply to Thread