+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Recording Guide v2

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Ok then. I'll just have to do something else with the final MeGUI conversion, for some reason it looks horrible on Youtube.
    I uploaded the 8 Mbps version, I don't see a difference [deleted]
    Idk why, I did everything as you did.
    Nvm, I'll look for some other presets or programs tomorrow.

Maybe for Youtube I'll just convert it with Premiere Pro @30fps separately. And use MeGUI @40fps for the direct download video. My previous Premiere tests seem to have better quality on Youtube, similar to your movies.
    Last edited by Marklar; 08-31-2010 at 05:28 AM.

Member Wazzerphuk is on a distinguished road
    Cheers Boxxy, great help!

Is it possible to record footage from Beta with something like Wolfcam? I saw a while back someone posted some of the old .pk3s for it, but the second file was corrupt for me.

I'd really like to get cracking on the video I was going to make, any advice on capturing stuff from beta maps would be much appreciated.

Do you get an error if you want to open an old Beta demo? Is that what you want to solve?
    Last edited by Marklar; 08-31-2010 at 02:41 PM.

More that some of the maps have changed, and therefore won't load. Want to know if it's possible to get the old .pk3s and use something like Wolfcam to load these files to grab the footage from it.

I spent a lot of time in beta collecting up goodies (about 10 pages worth of times noted down) then BAM! We were out of Beta and a shedload of changes It'd be really nice if this time wasn't wasted.

You don't need the old .pk3, you can set those changes in your old demos too.
    The QLDT developer guy helped me to do it.

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ull=1#post9232
    Read this thread from that post, it tells you what to change in your old demos to be able to play them.
    If you got some problem, just upload your demos and I'll help you.

Thanks! I'll give that link a go now. Thought if I waited a couple of weeks some smart person would figure something out.

Just tried loading an old CTF10 and it seems to be playing it fine without having changed anything yet.

If I run into any problems I'll be sure to shout. Thanks for the swift help!

Senior Member Domino is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzerphuk View Post
    Thanks! I'll give that link a go now. Thought if I waited a couple of weeks some smart person would figure something out.

Just tried loading an old CTF10 and it seems to be playing it fine without having changed anything yet.

If I run into any problems I'll be sure to shout. Thanks for the swift help!
    You can also split demos with QLDT. highlight a demo, go to tools>edit demo and you'll see a timeline.

If you remember the time you got the sick frag just move your mouse over the timeline and you can see the time. just click and drag before and after the frag time happens and click preview. It will load that section. You can add or subtract more time if needed and then click save as and it will save that little section as a demo. No more fast forwarding when looking for clips while recording for a movie.

=)

Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBabee View Post
    You can also split demos with QLDT. highlight a demo, go to tools>edit demo and you'll see a timeline.

If you remember the time you got the sick frag just move your mouse over the timeline and you can see the time. just click and drag before and after the frag time happens and click preview. It will load that section. You can add or subtract more time if needed and then click save as and it will save that little section as a demo. No more fast forwarding when looking for clips while recording for a movie.

=)
    My pants just got a bit messier and wetter. Brilliant news. <3 Cheers!

Edit: Hmmm, the quake time and server time on that timeline don't match, so I have to reverse my times? Is there anyway to change this? (e.g. I had a time at say 19:30-18:30 mins, selected around this and got 01:30-02:30 marked time in the demo, if that makes any sense)
    Last edited by Wazzerphuk; 08-31-2010 at 04:11 PM.

*en3rgy
    ''Open up Vdub and go to video>framerate and change it to whatever you recorded at.''

If you record at 200FPS you will need to reduce that to 100FPS or less in vdub, as vegas only supports upto 100FPS.

Well if you're using vegas only cap at 100 then. It'll look better if the framerate is constant at all stages.

+ Reply to Thread