+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Recording Guide v2

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarklar View Post
    I don't think this has anything to do with stickying, but since a lot of beginners use your guide, you should write down how to back-up their previous config before loading your movie cfg.
    It was mentioned in this thread too, ppl asking how to restore their previous settings. They didn't know they have to make a backup before execing yours.
    Just add how to "writeconfig backup" and then "exec backup" to switch between configs easily.
    or "writeconfig autoexec" -.-

*Domino
    I don't think this has anything to do with stickying, but since a lot of beginners use your guide, you should write down how to back-up their previous config before loading your movie cfg.
    It was mentioned in this thread too, ppl asking how to restore their previous settings. They didn't know they have to make a backup before execing yours.
    Just add how to "writeconfig backup" and then "exec backup" to switch between configs easily.
    Yeah tonight i'm going to revamp the tutorial. Add more to it and also record a video tutorial. Maybe one for normal demo recording and then demo recording using QLDT.

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    or "writeconfig autoexec" -.-
    Autoexec is a whole other story imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBabee View Post
    Yeah tonight i'm going to revamp the tutorial. Add more to it and also record a video tutorial. Maybe one for normal demo recording and then demo recording using QLDT.
    That's nice. If you make a bigger guide, maybe it gets stickied.
    But idk... I think kitten's WolfCam guide is good too, and it's not sticky either...
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

*Domino
    Autoexec is a whole other story imo.

That's nice. If you make a bigger guide, maybe it gets stickied.
    But idk... I think kitten's WolfCam guide is good too, and it's not sticky either...

well having an autoexec prevents your playing config to be effected by the movie cfg. if you make a backup cfg for your playing cfg then that adds useless time when all you're doing is putting the backup right back in. autoexec is just like that but doesn't need to be messed with when loading anything else.

My thread and kitten's needs to be stickied. has more posts and more active than the ones up there already.

I don't use an autoexec because I often change my settings. It's easier for me to simply switch between my cfg presets or change some settings.

*Domino
    I don't use an autoexec because I often change my settings. It's easier for me to simply switch between my cfg presets or change some settings.
    *changes settings in console*

"writeconfig autoexec"

done.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBabee View Post
    *changes settings in console*

"writeconfig autoexec"

done.
    There was a time I used autoexec. But I just returned to the normal method, having several different CFG's and changing settings without the need to rewrite autoexec all the time, so much easier.

Still, I say it's just preference.

i dont get how anyone can get by without autoexec. if you have a lot of configs, just add "exec myconfig.cfg" to autoexec (delete everything else so that that is the only line in the config). if you want to change configs, change the config name in your autoexec. that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    i dont get how anyone can get by without autoexec. if you have a lot of configs, just add "exec myconfig.cfg" to autoexec (delete everything else so that that is the only line in the config). if you want to change configs, change the config name in your autoexec. that simple.
    Isn't it simplier to type "exec configname" in-game when I want to switch?

Isn't it simplier to type "exec configname" in-game when I want to switch?
    not really, because if you dont have your config backed up then itll override all the settings. if you do, you can exec it, but its a waste of time cuz if you exec the wrong one and quit, youll have to exec the right one again. all the vid_restarts can be a pain in the ass.

im sure there are other ones but thats all i can think of atm. i need foooood

+ Reply to Thread