+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Recording Guide v2

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBabee View Post
    Well framerate had a lot to do with syncing. 240 would go off sync so fast.

But it's very simple to sync up audio. record your clip then go back and start recording at the same spot. Open em up in vegas and just match the sound with the shot.
    yeah but if you start recording at some time like 45.285 seconds in, then you cant save the time or go back or anything. you would be off in recording by some amount and would have to cut off some of the sound, and its hard to cut it properly so that they line up properly.

Member Wazzerphuk is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    yeah but if you start recording at some time like 45.285 seconds in, then you cant save the time or go back or anything. you would be off in recording by some amount and would have to cut off some of the sound, and its hard to cut it properly so that they line up properly.
    This really, just seems like a lot of effort. My video isn't going to be anything fancy or serious, and is mainly for myself too look back on and think "ok, I'm not THAT terrible" rather than for the public, as I'm not very good and my frags wouldn't really impress anyone. I'll give it a go on a test clip soon and see how I fare.

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    umm that's why it's called syncing. you put it in vegas and you move the audio layer to match the clip. The when it's matched you clip the ends. It's SOOOO easy. Very straight forward. Idk how it could be hard. You don't try to match the audio perfectly in the demo. you just record around that area and match it up later.

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    I find it easier to sync in Premiere Pro, that's why I started to use that first, but I managed to do it in Vegas too (not so user-friendly tho).

First I cap the video and then I record the audio using Audacity and QLDT in windowed mode. I start the audio recording earlier than the video and finish it later, so I'll have a longer audiofile, which I'll have to cut to fit for the video.

Import both audio and video to Vegas, put them on your timeline. Open your video in trimmer and find a moment that was loud. Like a rail frag. Find the moment when the beep (shoot) happened, using your arrow keys to find that exact millisecond/frame when the fragmessage appeared. Place a marker there.

Then open your audio in the trimmer, and do the same. You can see the waves so you can visualize when the beep happened. Place a marker there.
    Now, in your Vegas timeline, you can see a marker on your video and a marker on your audio. Those two moments happened in the exactly same time, all you have to do is move the video in your timeline to match the audio's marker (since the audio is the longer one)

Then, start playing the video, and if it's not exactly in sync, just try moving it until it's in sync. Then just cut down the audio to fit the video and you're done.

I don't use the uncompressed video however, since I couldn't preview it without a lag to find out if it's in sync or not. So I render a low-quality preview of the video and use that to make a fitting audio.

Oh man, I feel so awkward when I'm talking about technical things in a foreign language. I've been learning english for only 4 years, 3 hours/week goddamn.

*Domino
    ^^that's what i do. I don't open it in the trimmer though. It doesnt bother me if it's like a millsecond off cause nobody could tell in a fragmovie since it's going by so fast.

Member Wazzerphuk is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarklar View Post
    Oh man, I feel so awkward when I'm talking about technical things in a foreign language. I've been learning english for only 4 years, 3 hours/week goddamn.
    You're doing very, VERY well.

I couldn't tell you weren't a native speaker, and I've an English degree. You already converse more coherently than a lot of native speakers do.

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    i know that it was 60 fps timescale 0.5 and dint sync it i will say again its just testing i dont give a damna bouth sound i can fix that....

thank you very much BoxxyBabee....i dont have any problems with audio only problem is will i use avidemo or fraps.i tested avidemo with 30,60,120 and 200,with fraps 30,60 scale 0.5 so i can get rid of lagg and frezzing frame btw 60 with scale is really nice,smooth to me but you need to sync audio.....at the end of all testing i dont know which im gonna use so my suggestion is use what you think is best and stick to it.after all that stuff i think that will use fraps for normal record and avidemo for really smooth and nice pic
    probably gonna test it again to find that perfect frame and use it

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by sigur145 View Post
    thank you very much BoxxyBabee....i dont have any problems with audio only problem is will i use avidemo or fraps.i tested avidemo with 30,60,120 and 200,with fraps 30,60 scale 0.5 so i can get rid of lagg and frezzing frame btw 60 with scale is really nice,smooth to me but you need to sync audio.....at the end of all testing i dont know which im gonna use so my suggestion is use what you think is best and stick to it.after all that stuff i think that will use fraps for normal record and avidemo for really smooth and nice pic
    probably gonna test it again to find that perfect frame and use it
    Well you can use fraps if you're not going to be making high quality frag movies all the time. I edit a lot, so i like my stuff HQ.

My friend loveless used fraps @ 60fps for normal speed clips and used avidemo for slowmo clips in one of his videos.

yea i plan to do movie of clan frags so ill try sugesstions from posts to see which one i like most.....avidemo is really nice but 2x work and fraps faster but not soo good....so for movie ill probably stick to avidemo
    btw i tryed your cfg its really nice,rec it with 200 and ren at 30 i can say im gonna stick on it....when i put vid and audio together ill post it
    Last edited by AXxXxO; 09-02-2010 at 07:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread