+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Recording Guide v2

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBabee View Post
    I've never seen the scoreboard pop up when i die. Are you using my cfg?
    I'm not, but now I know what's the problem
    I'm using special huds, showing HP, or flag icon, things like that. So I had "cg_draw2D 1", that's why a saw the scoreboard.

As for the resampling thing, maybe I'll give that up. I don't know how to use Vegas at all, and I have some choppy footage too which would look even worse after that I guess.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarklar View Post
    I'm not, but now I know what's the problem
    I'm using special huds, showing HP, or flag icon, things like that. So I had "cg_draw2D 1", that's why a saw the scoreboard.

As for the resampling thing, maybe I'll give that up. I don't know how to use Vegas at all, and I have some choppy footage too which would look even worse after that I guess.
    step 1. cl_avidemo 90

step 2. load them all up in vdub and save as .avi

step 3. load .avi in vegas

step 4. render as .wmv with whatever settings you want (if you capped at a 4:3 ratio then pick one in the settings, same with 16:9 or whatever res you used)

step 5. profit

Right now, I'm still testing, doing this:

1. cl_avidemo 100
    2. vdub, uncompressed .avi
    3. I get sound using Audacity
    4. Load 'em in Premiere, sync
    5. Export in the best quality possible using h.264 compression (720p, 60 fps) (uncompressed/lossless formats are too space-consuming)

I get some clips like that, and when I have enough, maybe I'll put together a smaller movie or something. I'll render it @ 30 fps at the very end I guess.

Maybe with time, I'll figure out color correction and stuff like that, but right now, I'm just trying to figure things out.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    for me:

Step 1. capture in WolfcamQL @ 90fps

Step 2. load in vegas (last video i captured, you could only capture .avi)

Step 3. render @ 720p, 30fps, with a bunch of other mildly tweaked settings

Step 4. Profit?

my videos dont look too bad, quality wise. the content is total **** and so is the editing but theyre good quality. too dark in some videos but w/e

in q3 i do the same but with .tga and i have no problem :S last q3 video i capped was 200fps with 8 blurframes. looks pretty nice. maybe your problem is special

Member dec is on a distinguished road
    I've been working on a new rendering work flow. I kind of like it.

I use the movie cfg in this thread, with some minor tweaks.

Load the images into VirtualDub and encode at the avidemo speed using lagarith lossless codec.

I capture the sound with i-sound recorder or FRAPS demuxed. I'll make any cuts that I need in Audacity.

Then I use StaxRip to encode to x.264.

Senior Member Salamatiqus is on a distinguished road Salamatiqus's Avatar
    dec
    You are not able to encode TO x264. x264 is a encoder TO H264 :\ StaxRip is just GUI
    bind END "quit'

Member dec is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamatiqus View Post
    dec
    You are not able to encode TO x264. x264 is a encoder TO H264 :\ StaxRip is just GUI
    Yes, that's correct. H264. Sorry for the confusion. Process is still the same.

What bitrate should I choose? Also, what bitrate should I render for a youtube upload?

I uploaded some small 720p clips to youtube and the one rendered with 10 Mbps looks better than the other one rendered with 25 Mbps after the Youtube processing finished. So, which what is the best bitrate for a clip I'm going to upload to youtube?

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarklar View Post
    What bitrate should I choose? Also, what bitrate should I render for a youtube upload?

I uploaded some small 720p clips to youtube and the one rendered with 10 Mbps looks better than the other one rendered with 25 Mbps after the Youtube processing finished. So, which what is the best bitrate for a clip I'm going to upload to youtube?
    It depends on what you're using to compress. i use 5000kbs but i'm using certain settings in megui. there's no universal bitrate.

Alright then. I looked in Google and a bunch of random videos came up with "8 Mbps" in their name. I think those were smart guys testing YouTube quality, so I'll stick with that bitrate

Another guestion:
    Bloom or Anti-Aliasing? I don't know which one to go for, what's your opinion?

On a youtube video you can't even see if the video is AA'd originally or not, even a 720p video's quality is kinda bad.
    Last edited by Marklar; 08-29-2010 at 04:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread