Thread: Why Quake Live loads twice??

*Jake_Sully
    The double loading solved?

Senior Member Ouxouiga is on a distinguished road Ouxouiga's Avatar
    Not that I know of...

*Jake_Sully
    Aufff

*Jake_Sully
    Im getting disapointed whit QUAKE LIVE, no solving to this anoying problem, what kind of forum is this?

Senior Member Ouxouiga is on a distinguished road Ouxouiga's Avatar
    I can only offer my experiences with this problem. Maybe a mod or an admin will post an answer.

*lumukanda
    same **** here...

*dynamyte
    Ok here's a working solution I had the same problem.

If you use an autoexec.cfg or your own config file then delete both the qzconfig.cfg file and repconfig.cfg file (these are generated by ql ).
    If you don't use ur own config file then make sure and backup the two configs before you delete them to take some of the settings from them.

*Broodjeham
    If your game starts windowed, don't try to use alt+enter before the commercial ends.

*dynamyte

RE

Quote Originally Posted by dynamyte View Post
    Ok here's a working solution I had the same problem.

If you use an autoexec.cfg or your own config file then delete both the qzconfig.cfg file and repconfig.cfg file (these are generated by ql ).
    If you don't use ur own config file then make sure and backup the two configs before you delete them to take some of the settings from them.
    Ok this this method only works once..... hmmmm :/

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamyte View Post
    Ok this this method only works once..... hmmmm :/
    If you have a Premium or a Pro subscription the next game loads up in the last state you closed it (windowed or fullscreen).

I think it loads up windowed so it can load while the advertising runs if you are a free user.
    Then you have to change to fullscreen.

It doesn't *have* to re-load all game data again if your system supports certain functionality, but you may need to reconfigure r_nofastrestart and the r_inbrowsermode settings yourself first.

see : R_MODE & R_INBROWSERMODE LIST in post 9 of The Ultimate Quake Live Guide

once this is set up properly and working fullscreen to windowed switches are considerably faster without reloading map/texture/model data.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 06-16-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: small typo

+ Reply to Thread