+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Z_Malloc Error loading overlord/silentnight in practice

Junior Member Fragg is on a distinguished road
    Same here despite trying Yakumo's fix. Its not the only bug either with these maps, there are no Silent Night servers in UK right now which is a daily occurrence. It seems they frequently crash when the game starts and then take forever to propogate again. Annoying as I've waited a year to play this map again along with many others, last night there were NO servers left in the Euro zone as they had ALL crashed. That plus you cant play offline means Silent night is even quieter!

Senior Member HanzoHasashiSan is on a distinguished road

Bug on loading Overlord.

I tried to start a practice match on Overlord, filling each of the 15 bot slots and after the advertisements went away this message appeared:

** Z_Malloc: failed on allocation of 4194328 bytes from the main zone

I have started this map without any bots before though and then it was all fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tichi View Post
    Dude I love all the people with the comments about me. I do rage in the cage and stuff at staples center. We can get half naked and fight in the cage brah. Any other guys wanna watch??? Ill give you hugs after i put body oil on my body

Junior Member kliong is on a distinguished road

Error In Practice

when i was trying to do practice in overlord i got this message:** Z_Malloc: failed on allocation of 4194328 bytes from the main zone
    Please report the the problem you encountered on the Quake Live forums.
    You must reload the web page to make this display go away.

Member svetiev is on a distinguished road
    I have the same issue with Silent Night in practice mode. I tried the fix with the set_come something but it didn't work. This is the full error report. I hope this bug gets fixed soon, cause I really want to try silent night in practice mode without lag issues (it's my ISP so it's my problem) but still this practice bug needs to needs to be fixed asap.

=========== ERR_FATAL REPORT =========
    cmd 63: loaddeferred

cmd 64: cs 536 "n\Grunt\t\2\model\grunt\hmodel\grunt\c1\15\c2\9\h c\50\w\0\l\0\skill\ 1.00\tt\1\tl\0\rp\1\p\0\so\0\pq\0\cn\\su\0\xcn\\c\ "

cmd 65: cs 533 "n\Bitterman\t\3\model\bitterman\hmodel\bitterman\ c1\20\c2\22\hc\50\w\0\l\0\skill\ 1.00\tt\0\tl\0\rp\1\p\0\so\0\pq\0\cn\\su\0\xcn\\c\ "

cmd 66: cs 537 "n\^1A^2n^3a^4r^5k^6i^7\t\1\model\anarki\hmodel\an arki\c1\23\c2\22\hc\50\w\0\l\0\skill\ 1.00\tt\1\tl\0\rp\1\p\0\so\0\pq\0\cn\\su\0\xcn\\c\ "

RE_Shutdown( 0 )
    ----- R_Init -----

GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.
    GL_RENDERER: ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
    GL_VERSION: 2.1.7873 Release
    GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_poiGL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 8192
    GL_MAX_ACTIVE_TEXTURES_ARB: 8

PIXELFORMAT: color(32-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(8-bits)
    MODE: 9, 800 x 600 windowed hz:60
    GAMMA: software w/ 0 overbright bits
    CPU: Intel Pentium III
    rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
    texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST
    picmip: 5
    texture bits: 16
    multitexture: enabled
    compiled vertex arrays: enabled
    texenv add: enabled
    compressed textures: disabled
    HACK: using vertex lightmap approximation
    Initializing Shaders
    ----- finished R_Init -----
    Sound memory manager started
    Loading dll file ui
    Z_Malloc: failed on allocation of 4194328 bytes from the main zone

Junior Member xkcd is on a distinguished road
    This only occurred for me when I had 16 total players in Overlord. At 8-10 total players, (myself, 7-9 bots) it's fine. That's with com_hunkmegs @ 256. Didn't matter what hunkmegs I gave it with over 10 players in it would z_malloc fail. Just my 2c

*Oscar_nf
    I have com_hunkmegs "256" still same error.

512 MB NX8500GT MSI nVidia
    Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
    3.25 GB RAM

Junior Member Vriskotak is on a distinguished road
    same problem here ... the map look so good, but I can't play it ...

*KAM1K4Z3
    Z_Malloc Error loading overlord/silentnight in practice

same thing sytem should handle this

radeon 6870 4gbram 2 tb hds 1000w psu

*SneekySniper
    Like everyone else I am seeing the same error on both silentnight and overlord in practice mode.
    However it doesn’t crash if I don’t try to load any AI players so I don’t think it is a problem with the terrain graphics.

Junior Member kamikaze_ is on a distinguished road
    I tried to callvote map overlord so it would force me to auto download the map. Only people that pay for this game can get it. -_-

+ Reply to Thread