+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New CTF map "Double Impact" very dark in vertexlight=1

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road

Some maps very dark in vertexlight

So far I have found out this affects the new CTF maps "Overlord" and "Double Impact", as well as the old map "Retribution". It may affect many other maps as well, as I've only tested a few so far. This is right after the Dec 14th update.
    Last edited by crucci; 12-14-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: had to edit this as I found out more maps had the same problem

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    Asylum, Japanese Castles, House of Decay, Siberia, Trinity, and Quarantine: These maps have had lighting adjusted while in Vertex Lighting mode.

Added r_mapOverbrightCap (Default 255, <0-255>): Allows you to cap the brightness of surfaces brightened by r_mapOverbrightBits (Most useful when using high values of r_mapOverBrightBits; vid_restart required after a value change).
    any help?...

*Intii
    yakumo can u helpme to delte my account please (zor3k) i want to buy a pro account for that account ( its my) i have email , password , etc please man please, delete thats account ( restart to default ) thanks

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Intii View Post
    yakumo can u helpme to delte my account please (zor3k) i want to buy a pro account for that account ( its my) i have email , password , etc please man please, delete thats account ( restart to default ) thanks
    You need to use the support options on the site or email support@quakelive.com for such a request.

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    any help?...
    No... I use mapoverbrightbits 2, and overbrightbits 1. Setting r_mapoverbrightcap 0 or 255 had no effect (it's 255 by default). Enabling or disabling bloom or postprocessing doesn't have any effect either. Here's what it looks like in Retribution and dm6 (dm6 looks just like it did before the update):

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_95dEGK1ng_c/TQ...TdXnSc/dm6.jpg
    http://lh3.ggpht.com/_95dEGK1ng_c/TQ...etribution.jpg

(as you can see I rocket jumped from dm6 to retribution ;D)
    Last edited by crucci; 12-14-2010 at 10:50 PM.

Banned BONFIRE is an unknown quantity at this point
    basically you cant have all. if you choose to use vertexlight youll get screwed on either new or old maps. if you use fullbright you can sort of get some playable out of it, but youll burn your eyes out if you dare watch the ice on silentnight.

Junior Member hayt is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    any help?...
    I have the EXACT same issue and also traced it back to "r_vertexlight 1". I run r_mapoverbrights1, and mapoverbrightcap has no effect. FWIW, here's the rest of the graphics section of my cfg:

seta r_colorbits "32"
    seta r_texturebits "32"
    seta r_enablecolorcorrect "1"
    seta r_stencilbits "32"
    seta r_depthbits "32"
    seta r_overBrightBits "1"
    seta r_mapOverBrightBits "1"
    seta r_fullbright "0"
    seta r_gamma "1.2"
    seta r_picmip "5"
    seta r_dynamiclight "0"
    seta r_intensity "1"
    seta r_ignorehwgamma "0"
    seta r_enablePostProcess "1"
    seta r_ext_compressed_textures "0"
    seta r_texturemode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
    seta r_mode "12"
    seta r_fullscreen "1"
    seta r_bloomactive "0"
    seta r_enableBloom "0"
    seta r_ext_compress_textures "1"
    seta r_inBrowserMode "9"
    seta r_postProcessActive "1"
    seta cg_viewsize "100"
    seta r_glDriver "opengl32"
    seta r_allowExtensions "1"
    seta r_ext_gamma_control "1"
    seta r_ext_multitexture "1"
    seta r_ext_compiled_vertex_array "1"
    seta r_ext_texture_env_add "1"
    seta r_roundImagesDown "1"
    seta r_detailtextures "1"
    seta com_maxfps "125"
    seta r_simpleMipMaps "1"
    seta r_subdivisions "80"
    seta r_ignoreFastPath "1"
    seta r_displayRefresh "120"
    seta r_vertexlight "1" //THIS IS CAUSING DARK MAPS
    seta r_lightmap "1"
    seta r_ignoreGLErrors "1"
    seta r_drawSun "0"
    seta r_finish "0"
    seta r_swapInterval "0"
    seta r_facePlaneCull "1"
    seta r_primitives "0"
    seta r_noFastRestart "0"
    seta r_aspectRatio "2"
    seta r_contrast "1.0"
    seta r_gl_reserved "1"
    seta r_gl_renderer "ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series"
    seta r_gl_vendor "ATI Technologies Inc."
    seta r_lastValidRenderer "ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series"

*iCanFeelNoPain
    last night i was play FFA in perth server when i joined the server the map that loaded was House of Decay but the real map that the other players are playing was actually Hells Gate Redux... all i can see is the House of Decay map i thought it was like a bug (DUH) i can see through walls ... in my point of view i was seeing House of Decay instead of the map we were playing Hells Gate
    Last edited by iCanFeelNoPain; 01-08-2011 at 07:53 AM.

*Nerr
    Same here on some maps like retribution. I could use vertex lighting with the same r_mapoverbrightbits on all maps before this update, but now I've moved over to lightmaps instead because then I won't have to change the r_mapoverbrightbits command on these new dark maps.

The r_mapoverbrightcap doesn't help on these dark maps. If I were to guess it has something to do with how the maps were compiled.

Junior Member hayt is on a distinguished road
    Yakumo, what's the process for officially acknowledging this bug and adding it to a list to be fixed? It is clearly a lighting problem for those 3 or so maps, and it definitely showed up on the last update or two. I want to make sure this gets addressed, hopefully sooner than later. Raising mapoverbrightbits and setting a mapoverbrightbits cap is a work around, not a solution, just like turning off vertexlight. It makes all the other maps look much worse as well.

Not a HUGE issue, but I do want to make sure it's on a list of items to fix in a not too distant update.

+ Reply to Thread