+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Update - December 14, 2010

*I_Kill_Campers
    not read all the comments so sorry if its been mentioned......

since last update, ql hangs when i am leaving a server.....just fires the last weapon i heard for about 5 seconds then quits to home.

cheers

gary

*mon0
    Maybe you should buy a sub so they can afford to buy the rights to it from 3wave.
    Err, yakumo, maybe id should first deliver before i think ab buying a sub. thats called investment. but after this beta-status of QL u really believe that anyone trusting id, that they will ever fix the hundrets of bugs and fullfilling feature requests, which are coming from the players and not from a devteam-guy? seriously.

Senior Member Salamatiqus is on a distinguished road Salamatiqus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derailius View Post
    Thanks, but this still did not help me. I don't know what makes my setup any different, i've used the "performance config" that you can generate from the game settings menu. here is my config...

http://home.comcast.net/~derailius/autoexec.cfg

can anyone tell me why maps like retribution are so very dark?

also, as i posted above, i want to also know if there is a way to disable the new lightmapped effects on the LG even though I'm using vertex lighting?
    Hm, I see r_mapOverBrightCap is still 255 in your config. I checked retribution map and it looks good, just like other maps.

r_mapoverbrightbits 2
    r_mapoverbrightcap 127
    vid_restart
    writeconfig autoexec
    bind END "quit'

Junior Member Donnerjack is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mon0 View Post
    thats called investment.
    Actually that's exactly what id is doing - investing in a new playerbase, targeting more common users. When they allocate enough resources to add features that are requested from more hardcore players, they do it, one step a time. If everyone, who complains, has subscrived, they wouldn't need to to that, and instead concentrate on adding these things, that are more appealing to the hardcore quake player.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    And it is my right to cancel my subscitpion if id dont develop the game in an way that suits me, do you get this? you wont get a a single ctf prem subscriber with these useless ctf maps.
    I'm sorry have I suggested at any point that that is not the case? I wasn't aware that you were even part of this conversation. I was talking to a non-subscribed user whinging about not getting more things for free.

threwave maps have been requested for ages, and threewave maps we have.
    specifically :

q3ctf1
    q3ctf2
    q3ctf3
    q3ctf4
    q3wcp1
    q3wcp5
    q3w2
    q3w3
    q3w3

the only map people whine about now is q3wcp9.

I'd love to see *all* the threewave maps in QL (and bring back the grapple so the grapple heavy maps work too! )

CCTF was my favourite mod BY FAR, REAL runes, with proper team rune management !
    it beat the pants off q3's watered down CTF.

Threewave may not even want to sell the other maps, not everyone is interested in only money. Or they may want to sit on them for their own future projects instead thinking they'll make more one day that way. Just because it exists doesn't mean you can gain it.

id have been steadily trying to get maps they think are worth it, as-and-when they can, would you preffer no maps in updates?

Err, yakumo, maybe id should first deliver before i think ab buying a sub.
    You must have thought they had delivered as you did buy a sub. No company can possibly fulfil everyone's requests, but they have consistently shown that they are trying to follow a reasonable amount of them, it's just on their time schedule not the fans. You can't expect them to show all their cards at once either.

It's not exactly easy when many of the requests are for things entirely out of their hands, but they have still worked very hard to make even the seemingly impossible happen (eg Aerowalk)
    Last edited by Yakumo; 12-15-2010 at 10:01 AM.

*derailius
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamatiqus View Post
    Hm, I see r_mapOverBrightCap is still 255 in your config. I checked retribution map and it looks good, just like other maps.

r_mapoverbrightbits 2
    r_mapoverbrightcap 127
    vid_restart
    writeconfig autoexec
    yes, that;s because i changed it back to 255 after the 127 didn't change anything. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. id really keeps changing a lot things that have negatively effected the game for me for a while now. Thanks again for your help though.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    you wont get a a single ctf prem subscriber with these useless ctf maps.
    They got me a while ago...pretty sure I can fit under the "single prem "(or pro in my case) ctf subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by BONFIRE1337 View Post
    i reported it already back even before the last update. Youre already proven once today you dont know anything, plz stop trying to pretend that you do
    I can say that I've never seen anyone actually post the bug on the forum--and by my post count you can see that I read the forum often and reply often. My suggestion is to post a thread on the forum (I *may* have missed it, but that's unlikely as i searched for it) and not sending a report. By posting it on the forum, more people will see it and then more people can notify an admin about the problem

Senior Member Salamatiqus is on a distinguished road Salamatiqus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derailius View Post
    yes, that;s because i changed it back to 255 after the 127 didn't change anything. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. id really keeps changing a lot things that have negatively effected the game for me for a while now. Thanks again for your help though.
    Try different combinations of r_mapoverbrightbits and r_mapoverbrightcap. Don't give up.
    bind END "quit'

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BONFIRE1337 View Post
    i reported it already back even before the last update. Youre already proven once today you dont know anything, plz stop trying to pretend that you do
    Like i said, I searched for details on it and found nothing, I went through your post history too :

"cool the wallhackbug on hidden fortress still hasnt been fixed. lets all keep abusing it \o/"
    and
    "still no fix on hidden fortress? oh ill keep abusing the wallhack on the map <3 "

are not bug reports that enable anyone to locate and fix a problem.

If it's an r_subdivisions specific problem then as I've covered previously on the forum elsewhere that likely cannot be fixed without entirely removing low detail option (which I would like to see, but wouldn't be popular) and hence isn't likely to be fixed.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 12-15-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Junior Member n1tro is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Kill_Campers View Post
    not read all the comments so sorry if its been mentioned......

since last update, ql hangs when i am leaving a server.....just fires the last weapon i heard for about 5 seconds then quits to home.

cheers

gary
    same issue here.
    everytime I /quit, quake hungs for about 10 sec.

BTW, any news regarding Argentina servers? is there anything we can do to help? maybe get in contact with someone...

+ Reply to Thread