+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Add QL to the chrome web app store.

*madjr

Thumbs up Add QL to the chrome web app store.

Hi, i would like to see QL in the new chrome web app store.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore?hl=en-US

here is a video overview:
    http://freekko.blogspot.com/2010/12/...push-that.html

QL is definitely the best web app i know of , so it should be featured there.

Also would make installing / playing in chrome easier.

Not to mention that google's Chrome OS is near and will be pushing for web 3.0

Hope to see it there soon, thanks

Senior Member nordag is an unknown quantity at this point nordag's Avatar
    Why would anyone use Chrome?
    There are (at least) two better browsers out there which are not developed by this huge company. I think it's enough when Google knows my search strings. They dont need to know everything about my internet behavior. Mail, InstantMessaging, planing, documents, playing quakelive ... all that can be done without another Google-Application.
    Last edited by nordag; 12-15-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: haha, fanbois did not find this post helpful.

*madjr
    Quote Originally Posted by nordag View Post
    Why would anyone use Chrome?
    There are (at least) two better browsers out there which are not developed by this huge company. I think it's enough when Google knows my search strings. They dont need to know everything about my internet behavior. Mail, InstantMessaging, planing, documents, playing quakelive ... all that can be done without another Google-Application.
    chrome has incognito mode for people that are afraid / paranoid.

I think the Google Chrome Web app store would give lots of free publicity to QL, which like i said is the best web app i know of.
    Last edited by madjr; 12-14-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Senior Member Laval is on a distinguished road Laval's Avatar
    i used firefox until chrome support came out. Since using chrome, QL life has been great. sometimes it glitches, but crashes are rare, and everything loads fast.

recently i tried firefox after not using it for so long. its a joke to navigate the site using FF. EVERYTHING works better and faster in chrome. Besides, i trust google. Google is 5 years ahead of the trend, and we will see the fruits of that soon

*zPliskin
    Quote Originally Posted by lavalois View Post
    i used firefox until chrome support came out. Since using chrome, QL life has been great. sometimes it glitches, but crashes are rare, and everything loads fast.

recently i tried firefox after not using it for so long. its a joke to navigate the site using FF. EVERYTHING works better and faster in chrome. Besides, i trust google. Google is 5 years ahead of the trend, and we will see the fruits of that soon
    same for me since the inclusion of GPU acceleration in the dev version. The Fox is just too slow and greedy now.

we'll wait for v4.0

*madjr
    Here are another great reasons to add the web app to the store:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn_imZgWPtc

*DrewPWiener
    F1

I am not a fan of Chrome, but if having the game available on the app store increases players, why not?

Junior Member bingo is on a distinguished road
    Anyone use Chrome and can't get the cursor off the screen when they play? I can't. Any fixes?

Junior Member Thaistick is on a distinguished road
    This seemed worthy to be my first post ever since being a crashy dummy beta tester (have the award, check it)..

I was going to make a new thread in suggestions.. cause I was wanting to suggest to make a quakelive chrome app and just keep it simple.. Did a search first.. here I am.

It just can be a hyperlink to your home page.

I speak cause I care and want to see this not only become an app on chrome store but also have a chance to frag some old friends.

I mean if you want get extravagant with it.. stats/matches/ect.. i wont stop you.. but a simple hyperlink would suffice. I use the apps on my new tab page all the time (its set to my homepage) i can make a hpyerlink to the page but its general icon and has the url in the name.. i know what it is and i'm sure i could change the name.

Also, I truly think you would get positive exposure. I go an app kick just like anyone else and find new games redone all the night some a crappy browser knockoffs for (example Couter Strike 1.6, found few sites hosting their versions).

I introduce people to QL all the time.. 2 weeks ago, I went to LAN party with friends from highschool I haven't seen in 10 years.. they had no idea that quakelive existed. I dont post on facebook/google+ what have you.. and tbh I was introduced via word of mouth many moons ago myself i didn't discover it on my own. Quakelive is my stress relief game.. i'll go through spells when i dont log in for months at a time.. there will weeks i put 20hrs in.. but its the only fps i still play today.. i like many of you have played counterstrike, halo, bf3, cod series, tribes, quake 1 &2 (and glquake/qw variations like ctf, tf, megatf), descent, team fortress, duke nukem, and many more by ID and older and newer games from other devs..

All the games I just mentioned still have communities in one way or another.. even if gamespy shutdown their legacy servers.. quake III(specifically quakelive) is probably the best with level matching, online stats, etc.. few can match it, (tribes ascend off the top of my head) has stats/community/etc.. but i the skill matching doesn't seem to exist - I like knowing if there is an orange check mark on the server select screen in QL, I have a hard time keeping 1/1 kill:death ratio as it is. QL has a lot to offer through the website itself even on the free base account and that's just the icing on the quake to play a great online fps once again.

Get the app out.. telling friends every few months I run into isn't getting enough competition (I guess that's exaggerated opinion.. i don't know why but I only play Local servers from Toronto/Chicago/Dallas basically the Midwest.. I realize that there is a crap load of players on the other side of the pond.)

thanks for the read
    Last edited by Thaistick; 01-30-2013 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Damnt, i read the dates wrong.. i was thinking it was posted in last few months.. still probably should of made new thread..

Senior Member Ph4nt0m is on a distinguished road Ph4nt0m's Avatar
    +1 to this suggestion. Makes a ton of sense. Why lose out on free publicity? And if it gets featured on the home page, rest assured tons of people will follow. Any particular reasons, why this might not have been done earlier?
    The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground

+ Reply to Thread