+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: are fast fps games like quake live dying?

*z9
    Funny to hear quake live being too fast and difficult, when it is in fact the easy game of the quake series, or even the quake clones around. warsow, quakeworld, painkiller, cpma are all much harder than QL, and guess what? theyre dead. So yeah, hard games arent popular. Its that ****in simple. it has nothing to do with advertising or rank/award gimmicks, if the gameplay is too hard, few will dare to play it Good example is how the Q3 server list is crowded with Urban Terror games (which is a CS clone in q3 engine) despite it having basically no advertising.

Banned CooloutAC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by z9 View Post
    Funny to hear quake live being too fast and difficult, when it is in fact the easy game of the quake series, or even the quake clones around. warsow, quakeworld, painkiller, cpma are all much harder than QL, and guess what? theyre dead. So yeah, hard games arent popular. Its that ****in simple. it has nothing to do with advertising or rank/award gimmicks, if the gameplay is too hard, few will dare to play it Good example is how the Q3 server list is crowded with Urban Terror games (which is a CS clone in q3 engine) despite it having basically no advertising.
    its because of console gamers dude. and a new generation of pc gamers who don't know any better. I mean there hasn't even been a popular free roaming open world RPG since WoW, and oblivion.... 7 years have gone by dude. and I mean all games have sucked since then. not only are games getting easier. but we are getting less content nowadays period. companies are developing games strictly around ways to to build facades and advertise gimmicks to milk more money for less. plain and simple. and console gamers especially gobble it up. Its not longer about building the best game experience and pushing graphic technologies. Its about recycling old graphics and tricking people to pay by advertising fake facades. Take ID for example. ha look at how pc gamers got on crysis for basically straight up lying to them... look at all these microtransactions for better attributes in games... even by ea sports in a sports game that is basically anti e-sport!

i'm waiting for elder scrolls skyrim and bf3. only games to look forward to. I know bf3 is gonna be strictly dx10 and 11. but hopefully skyrim actually doesn't microstutter or look a little blurry on my new system like all other old and recycled dx9 games.

and again another guy implying css is "easier" then q3. I think theres a reason cooller used to be on a pro cs team, but stuck with ql ...cause he has more success here. well i feel the same way, except on public servers... theres just 1000s more playing css which make it easier to find even competitions. I think some quakers want to keep this a very small community just so they can claim its too hardcore for most people....
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 06-17-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Banned sephiroth5005 has a little shameless behaviour in the past sephiroth5005's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz_ View Post
    they've been dead for a while

blame counterstrike / halo
    how did counter strike ruin quakes popularity? sure halo and cod did but cs? cs and q3 r both to classic pc shooters.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth5005 View Post
    how did counter strike ruin quakes popularity? sure halo and cod did but cs? cs and q3 r both to classic pc shooters.
    Ye, but CS always had the larger community. Imo the concept of reality-based shooters appeal more to the casual gamer. Quake requires much practice to be played casual and its not easy to pick up if you're easily demotivated.

But after all CS is a FPS game. And when Q3s popularity waned I believe many people just switched to a more populated game like CS. But those people prolly switched to COD in the meantime.

And Halo learned players that health is no resource anymore. I think someone who only played modern shooters has a problem to grasp the idea of collecting/controlling health and armor.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

*deadaim_
    CS played a huge roll in killing off the original quake.

other big games at the time like UO (and Everquest) took tons of pc gamers away from quake also.

one of the biggest things that did in quake 1. and is still a problem that plagues alot of games today.. is the the fracturing of the communities. Quake1 had NQ, Mplayer, Heat, and QW communities.. none of these communities could really directly play eachother and it also had things like ctf.. but what really killed the game was when CA was released.. watered everything down.. it was easier to play ca.. so people played it..

which is also why games like quake now a day arent popular, their is something easier out there to play.. and people will go to that. the masses only wanna play those (ch)easy games.

so ca players dont forget to blame yourselves for the death of quake. TDM always involved tons of strategy and top notch skill. CA is just trash, RJ'ing, spamming, camping, etc.

Senior Member voda is an unknown quantity at this point
    its skill lamers that are killing the game..the new people join the low skill server just to find it full of tier 4 lamers...example i haVE 2 servers showing in the ffs insta one is a tick thats skillrate 76 and the other is your skill higher so i go in look the skill rate is 82 in the low skill server !!! who wants to go in a server and spawn your dead you want some sort of chance...instant kicks are needed your high skill in a skill 60 needs a server kick tbh...it doesnt even change the low skill server to a high skill when it gets that full of lamers.
    Last edited by voda; 06-17-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    Sorry for the bad english but guess what im not english !!!

Banned CooloutAC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth5005 View Post
    when cs came out. most quake players made the switch. true story. mass exodus.

but as far as games being easy. this only relates to single players. you arrogant bots need to give up this propganda.

in a versus match someone always wins and someone always loses. how is anything easier? and games with professional tournaments, even cod, have a huge skill gap.... sorry...
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 06-17-2011 at 11:44 AM.

*deadaim_
    Quote Originally Posted by CooloutAC View Post
    when cs came out. most quake players made the switch. true story. mass exodus.

but as far as games being easy. this only relates to single players. you arrogant bots need to give up this propganda.

in a versus match someone always wins and someone always loses. how is anything easier? and games with professional tournaments, even cod, have a huge skill gap.... sorry...
    cod is much easier game to play.. ONLINE. my first duel in codmw (with less then a dozen games of it played at all) i won lol.. try that in quake. even with no practice or map knoweledge i can go play any pub in cod and hold my own. .ANYONE, AND EVERYONE CAN.

the game is designed to reward players also.. so you might not win the match, but you win experience and other lame lil goodies to feel better about yourself..

Senior Member Natespank is on a distinguished road
    try to remember this is still in "beta," whatever that means.

*deadaim_
    Quote Originally Posted by Natespank View Post
    try to remember this is still in "beta," whatever that means.
    beta ended over a year ago.

+ Reply to Thread