+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Quake Live Guide

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    You'll get used to keyboard and mouse quickly, it's just a matter of some basic learning and you'll already be shooting better than you could ever shoot on a controller. Trust me, it'll pay off to use keyboard and mouse, do make sure you have decent settings though, i.e. weapon binds close to WASD (one key for each weapon) such that the easiest keys to press are for the best weapons, and mouse sensitivity such that you can move and turn comfortably yet also aim accurately. I recommend somewhere between 15cm and 40cm (with or without acceleration, personal preference really).

Playing on a laptop shouldn't restrict you to use a controller. If you don't normally use a mouse and mousepad with your laptop, buy some cheap good ones like Steelseries QcK and Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1 / 1.1a.
    Last edited by crucci; 03-31-2011 at 02:29 AM.

*Kh0ldStare
    i do have a usb mouse, in fact its one of those stated in this little guide yaku here posted lol. Microsoft Wireless Intellemouse Explorer 2.0...ok not the exact same one but its got the two thumb buttons too lol , i just have to get used to the keyboard again.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    More importantly that is a very old generation mouse with a *terrible* sensor, and the wireless will lag vast amounts also.

*Hubert4351
    How long did it take to write all this?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Many hours, many rewrites for more hours, some bits done years after it was started as it says at the top.

Banned Fudge911 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Withheld by the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Many hours, many rewrites for more hours, some bits done years after it was started as it says at the top.
    Did you write while you were playing, or after?

*You_Got_Fragged
    Hi there, I'm trying to set my mouse sensitivity, how do I find out what my m_yaw and mouse resolution values are?

bring down the console and type them in, hit enter.

\m_yaw
    \m_pitch
    \sensitivity

*You_Got_Fragged
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    g_startingWeapons:

1 GAUNTLET
    2 MACHINEGUN
    4 SHOTGUN
    8 GRENADE_LAUNCHER
    16 ROCKET_LAUNCHER
    32 LIGHTNING
    64 RAILGUN
    128 PLASMAGUN
    256 BFG
    512 GRAPPLING_HOOK
    1024 NAILGUN
    2048 PROX_LAUNCHER
    4096 CHAINGUN
    8192 MAPDEFAULTWEAPONS

Choose the combination of weapons you want and add the values together. A few examples:
    • Gauntlet, Machinegun, and Map Weapons: 8195
    • All Weapons: 8191
    • All Weapons, minus Grapple: 7679
    • Standard Clan Arena weapon loadout: 255
    • Default value of Gauntlet and Machinegun on spawn: 3
    storing so it's not lost

+ Reply to Thread