+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: The Ultimate Quake Live Guide

Junior Member ss23sdaf is on a distinguished road
    Jeah, thank you so much Yakumo

I'll post my personal benchmark results shortly.

I just re-installed Windows 8.1 on my ThinkPad W520 / Intel i7-2720QM / 16GB / NVIDIA Quadro 1000M.
    QL wasn't fun on that one lately because it suffered from noticably huge input lag and strange fps issues despite gpu usage still wasn't maxed out and temperatures were okay, too...hope i'll be able to turn it into a little portable gaming machine again :P

I'm really curious how my desktop machine ( Intel i5-3750 4 x 3.4GHz / 16GB @ 1600MHz / NVIDIA GeForce 460GTX ) compares to your Core2Duo with the same graphics chip. Mine is a MSI N460GTX Cyclone (1GB - @default: 725MHz GPU / 1800MHz Memory) btw.

What resolution do you play at ?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ss23sdaf View Post
    Jeah, thank you so much Yakumo

I'll post my personal benchmark results shortly.

I just re-installed Windows 8.1 on my ThinkPad W520 / Intel i7-2720QM / 16GB / NVIDIA Quadro 1000M.
    QL wasn't fun on that one lately because it suffered from noticably huge input lag and strange fps issues despite gpu usage still wasn't maxed out and temperatures were okay, too...hope i'll be able to turn it into a little portable gaming machine again :P

I'm really curious how my desktop machine ( Intel i5-3750 4 x 3.4GHz / 16GB @ 1600MHz / NVIDIA GeForce 460GTX ) compares to your Core2Duo with the same graphics chip. Mine is a MSI N460GTX Cyclone (1GB - @default: 725MHz GPU / 1800MHz Memory) btw.

What resolution do you play at ?
    1920x1080 (r_mode 23) with the gfx settings of the cfg in the guide I had

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Last time i ran it with my cfg I got 319fps, core2duo e7600, gtx 460
    Same gfx card, now as of a couple of weeks ago in an i7 4770 with corsair vengeance pro 1866mhz ddr3, same cfg, 619 fps.

Junior Member yaz is on a distinguished road
    allora, io vorrei sapere gentilmente come si imposta nella cfg un mirino ad un'arma scelta..c' che per ogni arma ci sia un mirino diverso, grazie.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yaz View Post
    So, I kindly would like to know how you set in the cfg a sight to a weapon choice .. there is that for every weapon there is a different viewfinder, thank you.
    <google translate>

Check "INTRODUCTION TO COMPLEX SCRIPTING" in post 10 of the guide above, and my CFG, there are examples of making per weapon changes, you just have to put "cg_drawcrosshair 7; cg_crosshairColor 3" or similar, with different numbers, for each and every weapon.

You must do it for all, or the ones with the settings missing would inherit whatever the previous weapon had so it would get confusing.

+ Reply to Thread