+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Quake Live Guide

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    I mess arround with my fov/sens settings a lot more regularly than I used to, and I knew my HUD was broken in a lot of game modes so I hadn't updated my CFG here in a while.

Finally finished my degree, so I fixed up the hud with all the new game modes, made sure skulls show up in harvester even, and uploaded what I've been playing with today in Post 4 yakumo_2012.zip

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    I mess arround with my fov/sens settings a lot more regularly than I used to, and I knew my HUD was broken in a lot of game modes so I hadn't updated my CFG here in a while.

Finally finished my degree, so I fixed up the hud with all the new game modes, made sure skulls show up in harvester even, and uploaded what I've been playing with today in Post 4 yakumo_2012.zip
    Oddly enough, I was exploring your old config just last night, so I guess I'll have to have another poke around. Gandim was kind enough to suggest a few things the other day, and it's made me look at my mouse settings more closely than just using the slider in the in game settings.

Your mouse settings as copied seem to work a treat with my Abyssus - it feels a lot smoother and more accurate, although I turn up the sensitivity.

Congrats on the degree, by the way.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    premium skin options added.

Banned lars0n is on a distinguished road
    so many thing to know to play this game. why so didicult?

None of this is required to play the game.
    The game Go only requires a board with crossed lines and two colours of pebble to play, but you'll still find hundreds of books on it.

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    A note concerning QL's behaviour on loading and mouse sensitivity.

I had updated my gfx drivers a while ago, and at that time had a few days off QL, and when played again i noticed QL was starting slow or like a waiting period *before* map *started* to load. I fixed this by re-checking that high precision event timer was disabled.
    There's at least 4 options on that end.
    HPET enabled in bios and operating system, enabled only in bios, enabled only in OS, disabled in both. I tried all variations, and with hpet off on my system, i no longer have the 5 seconds waiting time for map to close down or to start loading.
    Very strange since i couldnt see the gfx driver changed hpet for windows.

The other thing is that some mobo's chipset only has 32bit hpet support while others have both 32 and 64bit, so it's really a system specific system. Albeit in theory pure HPET should be best, completely disabling it for my system which only supports 32bit from hardware is the better options since i run 64bit operating system.

The default option in w7 should be that it is disabled but u can doublecheck that by open an cmd.exe with admin rights and entering "bcdedit /set useplatformclock false" or true if you want to test that. As well as enabling/disabling it in bios - of course. In my bios this is related to/called ACPI SRAT table - which took me a while to figure out.

I read about others experience on this case, and indeed it affects mouse sensitivity, in the sense of response feeling.

If you have a some issue with mouse sensitivity or ql is loading slow, maybe this could be worth looking into.

On the subject:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=635090&mpage=1
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/10...mance-and-fps/

wintimer test 1.1 tool:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xzo9n84d8lze9nb

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...atency-Checker
    Last edited by DCR; 09-07-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Junior Member nIkt4tOr is on a distinguished road
    Downloadlink to yaku_bench1 is broken ;(

Member RonanZer0 is on a distinguished road RonanZer0's Avatar
    I was hoping this to be less hardware/config stuff and more gameplay/strategy stuff... is there any good giant guides for that kind of thing?
    Quake 1 Forever...
    Ranger
    Shambler
    Enforcer
    Scrag
    Ogre

Junior Member lickwidice is on a distinguished road
    Looking for link to yaku_bench1 anyone got one?

+ Reply to Thread