Site Update - December 2, 2010
Tonight's update is due to a change in our in-game ad provider. In-game ads will now (once again) be supplied by IGA Worldwide. This transition is mostly transparent to the end-user. The vast majority of today's changes were minor code changes made for development purposes. We currently have the next content update scheduled for Tuesday, December 14th, which includes the majority of our new content and bug fixes that has been in development.
- Saving of Settings & Binds across sessions has been re-enabled.
- Configuration changes to our primary DB to improve performance and better handle loads which have recently resulted in site outages.
- Integrated IGA Worldwide in-game ads.
- Chat lines are now limited to 72 characters per message to prevent chat from overflowing/becoming unreadable.
- Formatting fixes made to say_team chat.
- Added 'cg_chatHistoryLength' (Default 6, <0-24>) to adjust how many lines of chat history are displayed while chatting or viewing the chat history.
- Added 'con_background' (Default 1, <0|1>) to toggle the background image present on the console.
- Added 'con_height' (Default 0.5, <0.1-1.0>) to toggle the height of the console dropdown.
- Added 'con_opacity' (Default 0.75, <0.1-1.0>) to adjust the opacity of the console when the console background is disabled.
- Added 'con_speed' (Default 3, <0.1-1000>) to adjust the speed in which the console lowers and raises.
- Increased max allowed aliases from 64 to 128
- Small formatting fixes made to the weaponBar when displayed on the right-hand side (cg_weaponBar 2).
- Minor fixes and improvements to Base Seige, Beyond Reality, Courtyard, Dueling Keeps, Intervention, Shining Forces, Space CTF, Stronghold, and Troubled Waters.
Dec. 1st Web Changes
- Resolved the main cause of Linux crashes upon launching into a server that have cropped up in the most recent patch.
- Fixed award percentages showing up incorrectly.
- Fixed friends showing up as online 1 minute ago.
- Fixed formatting issue with Freezetag stats.
- Fixed formatting issue in Game Manual.
- Fixed RSS link on Site News.
- Resolved potential issue where navigating away from a match detail scoreboard, and then clicking back would show an error page. If this is still seen, please report it so we can look into it further.
- Optimized front page slideshow images for file size.
Everyone's going to come in complain.
While I don't particularly care about anything in this update, you've had plenty that I liked, and will have plenty more. Nothing wrong with having an update that doesn't add 10 new maps and a bunch of gameplay options.
Poor update imo
does xmpp work now
edit: sorry to be so cynical but it's been really really sketchy lately
Awesome, thanks for the Linux fix.
Cool update of in-game ad provider, just what the paying players wanted.
So, what are the improvements in Base Siege, Beyond Reality, Courtyard, Dueling Keeps, Intervention, Shining Forces, Space CTF, Stronghold, and Troubled Waters? It'd be nice to know, even if it doesn't change gameplay much.
Nice updates. Thanks for fixing the Linux crashes.
Tags for this Thread