+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ql On XBOX 360?

Senior Member GoBotz is on a distinguished road GoBotz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _adderall View Post
    That processor is fine. You could probably hit 3.7 on air w/o a major increase in heat.Though I would test it with this - http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/index.php?Download - A motherboard that supports dx11 wouldn't hurt or ddr3 @ 2000hz. But I would wait to buy anything with sandy/bulldozer due out soon. You don't need to replace the cpu evry 2 years. Video game industry hasn't caught up yet, nor will it ever. Until every game will actually utilize 4/6 cores you are fine.
    i dont upgrade for games really. mostly for music apps so i can run sh.. loads of vst's and vsti's. and also cgi stuff/video.

i was basically saying...when a game comes out on xbox...it runs... at full specs...on a pc...generally not unless you have top gear...i cant run crysis at full specs unless at a low resolution even though theoretically i should be able to run it beyond...

i should mention i dont own an xbox and havent had a console since n64.

Banned marcklar has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Consoles are fun when - oh wait they never are.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by marcklar View Post
    Consoles are fun when - oh wait they never are.
    ps3 is good for watching movies

Banned marcklar has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    ps3 is good for watching movies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo2Jn...eature=related

*Domino
    Wasting money to break it. What a bunch of idiots.

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    Last edited by ybl; 11-26-2010 at 11:18 PM.

*CitizenCaned
    you lot can laugh and sneer at consoles, but dont forget that quake3 was available on dreamcast back in the day and it worked fine. Of course it is better on pc but that doesnt mean a console version will be unplayable, or that it wont earn its own following, some of whom may eventually feel the need to come to pc land to play properly. There are absolutely loads of ppl playing PC quakelive who started out on the dreamcast version.

Senior Member sample2501 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by GB1Minions1PooP View Post
    i dont upgrade for games really. mostly for music apps so i can run sh.. loads of vst's and vsti's. and also cgi stuff/video.

i was basically saying...when a game comes out on xbox...it runs... at full specs...on a pc...generally not unless you have top gear...i cant run crysis at full specs unless at a low resolution even though theoretically i should be able to run it beyond...

i should mention i dont own an xbox and havent had a console since n64.
    you do realize that a new x-box game looks far far worse than a new pc title, do you?

you just can't compare consoles to pcs in this aspect. consoles = static hardware, pc = variable (and way more powerful) hardware.
    every cheap a** pc i buy today blows the xbox away... easily..

and for your mouse/keyboard thingy:
    http://www.techspot.com/news/39738-m...le-gamers.html

THIS is the reason u will NEVER be able to use your mouse/KB on multiplayer shooters (or MP games in general) on XBOX. and yes, i know there are HW hacks to use KB/mouse, but they just don't work right/u'll get banned.

even IF u would be able to use your KB/mouse on XBOX for QL.. how do you overclock your USB ports for the mouse?
    how do you set the refreshrate for your tv to 120 hz? and so on...
    you see where i'm aiming towards? quake is just a pc shooter, was often ported to consoles, was fun, never anything more.

i mean, your point is valid, and in essence a nice idea, but it just wouldn't work imo

Senior Member KETNAR will become famous soon enough KETNAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GB1Minions1PooP View Post
    i was basically saying...when a game comes out on xbox...it runs... at full specs...on a pc...generally not unless you have top gear...
    Again, you are wrong. You fail to see the difference.
    Go play oblivion on Xbox. Then go load it up on PC.
    Run them side by side and PAY ATTENTION.

There are vast swaths of things that are 'toned down' for the xbox build. The render distance, the detail in the textures,shader complexity the amount of things it will allow to spawn nearby at the same time, the level of complexity in the models, and unknown tweaks and changes in the base code.

An xbox does not magicly have the power to be top-notch all the time. Sure you stick a disk in and play,. but don't go off thinking that means its somehow keeping spec with a PC that was built years after the xbox came out.

MOST big title PC games are built with a FUTURE HARDWARE mindset. Oblivion is one of them, when it first came out /nobody/ could really run it well at 'full scope', it was designed that way. The idea being that as the game sits on the shelves and computers 'catch up', the game retains a lot of its visual luster without falling behind.

Sure you can RUN the game when it first comes out, and sure, its going to have more power and ability than an xbox, but just hitting the 'max settings' button and then 'play' and expecting it to run on a year old machine just perfect is plain silly, and makes me think you are either Duuurrrrka?, or trolling.

FFS, when Q3A first came out nobody was running it at 'full spec', people turned the graphics down to a happy medium between graphics and performance. Hell, back then most people didn't even have OPEN GL SUPPORT :P Setting the settings to MAXOMGPOLYGODS! is good for two things: screenshots, and flexing your machine to the max if it can take it.

It's not exactly a 'requirement' to push all the sliders all the way to the right.. Tone it back some, you may find yourself playing more games.. :P

You are still doing it wrong.

*mmsgi
    Men, I exchange my DEFENDER GAME RACER TURBO GT in xbox 360, thay say the last is appropriate on quakelive, but no effect. Suggest me what's wrong? operating system is Win 7. It found xbox 360 itself. Othe games are playing

+ Reply to Thread