+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ql On XBOX 360?

Senior Member GoBotz is on a distinguished road GoBotz's Avatar

Ql On XBOX 360?

Before anyone rages.... It could work if you could plug in a keyboard and mouse, which you can it's just no games have been made compatible to play with anything else but a game pad. Larger customer base...More tourneys with larger cash prizes ect ect. More exposure. PC gaming in my opinion is to expensive. Upgrading every year and a half gets expensive. Every time microsoft come out with a new versioin of
    direct X...game companies jump on the band wagon and in order for you to take advantage of the new api you have to upgrade to the latest hardware. An x-box is generally good for 3-5 years and cost 1/3 the price of building a new pc even if you are recycling hard drives, monitors and disc drives. I might have $50 to buy a new game, but i dont have $1,200 for a new pc every 2 years.

*psychopower
    actually the xbox isnt that good, they just make everything with a very small FOV and resolution. pc better for money worth and serious gamers.

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by GB1Minions1PooP View Post
    Before anyone rages.... It could work if you could plug in a keyboard and mouse, which you can it's just no games have been made compatible to play with anything else but a game pad. Larger customer base...More tourneys with larger cash prizes ect ect. More exposure. PC gaming in my opinion is to expensive. Upgrading every year and a half gets expensive. Every time microsoft come out with a new versioin of
    direct X...game companies jump on the band wagon and in order for you to take advantage of the new api you have to upgrade to the latest hardware. An x-box is generally good for 3-5 years and cost 1/3 the price of building a new pc even if you are recycling hard drives, monitors and disc drives. I might have $50 to buy a new game, but i dont have $1,200 for a new pc every 2 years.
    I've had the same comp for over a year. It can still run all the current things. You don't need to put down a lot on new parts. Especially if you're only running quake.......I spent 825 on my custom build and haven't dropped another penny on it.

PC > xbox. and an xbox doesn't last that long....at all....When i used to play i went through 3 rrods and i only played maybe 30 min a day. After the last rrod i went to pc gaming.

Senior Member KETNAR will become famous soon enough KETNAR's Avatar
    Before anyone rages.... It could work if you could plug in a keyboard and mouse,

MS would have to admit the Xbox is just a neutered (weak, lame, underpowered, running an old old old version of DirectX no less because it can't handle anything heavier) 'computer' in a 'fancy case'.

GoogleTV has a keyboard and mouse.. Xbox doesn't. Hell, some TV's these days ship with more 3d processing oomph and raw computing power than an xbox. :P

PC gaming is expensive when you just aimlessly walk into bestbuy and pick up the latest and greatest cookie cutter dell/HP/whatever machine on the shelf, which will do you well for about.. a year, maybe two if you push out even more cash. But yes, you will have to upgrade it before long, and by then, you might as well just buy a new PC, and then the cycle continues..
    (That is kind of the POINT, they WANT you to buy a new one every 1.2 to 2.5 years, its called return business.)

Or.. you could do what savvy consumers do, learn a little bit about the hardware, buy things that are closer to bleeding edge yet on sale (newegg comes to mind), end up with some crazy good hardware for about the same cost as that cookie cutter machine, and have some comp shop assemble it for you if you are a complete neophyte.

I have a monster machine, phenom quad core, 8 gigs ram, dual SLI, WATERCOOLED, *OVERCLOCKED*, blah blah blah, i even have a fancy light system and all sorts of junk.

It cost me a grand, and a little change extra for the lights and crap. Thats about on par with a 'gaming system' which won't preform anywhere near this thing.

I won't have to do any major upgrades for quite some time. When I do? I can selectively upgrade what I need, and not re-buy/re-build the entire thing.

No console company is going to put a mouse/keyboard to their system because keyboards are 'confusing' and mice are 'hard', and they split the player base between 'people who know how to WSAD' and 'people who use the dumbstick analog controller and think they are better than sex.' (Guess which part of these two sides spends more money on consoles?)

If you are blowing 1200 bucks on a new PC every two years, You are doing it wrong.
    REFLEX
    (Note:Woooo!)
    [The next FPS game you should check out!]

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    You seem to have missed....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgERb_aEBX4

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    I would love to see some of those Quake Arena Arcade maps on QL one day, if id wishes to do so.

*Domino
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post

LOL at the fov and LOL at his aim.

Senior Member GoBotz is on a distinguished road GoBotz's Avatar
    I've been building my own comps since 1999. I dont buy a dell or hp. i custom build my shizzle. I have a phenom x4 940be, 4 gigs pc 8500 ram and a evga gtx 260 with the extra shaders. that i built roughly 1 year ago. when crysis 2 and rage come out do you think my comp can play these games at full specs? i doubt it. I overclock most of everything when my machine gets older. I can get my 3 ghz chip to 3.5 with a basic fan and no voltage changes easily. if i had water cooling i dont doubt i could hit 4-4.5ghz. i can get an extra 300 mhz out of my gfx card vpu and 200-300 mhz on the memory.

Games on xbox look just as good as any pc game i've seen and the xbox is basically a laptop without a monitor. memory, vpu and cpu are all onboard. the cpu is what 733mhz, yet it runs games better than a 3ghz machine.

I dont just play ql. Although i had to upgrade my comp to play it at all. old pc specs: athlon xp 2600+, 1gig pc 3200 , 5900 xt, yet i couldnt get 60 fps in ql while q3 at full gfx would run 300-500 fps depending on the map.

Doesn't xbox have a keyboard and mouse so you can surf the net?

From a business perspective i think it would be the way to go. Hasn't anyone noticed that ID has been making their games as of late for the console? Why? theres more money to be made.

Also 1200 every 1 1/2 - 2 years isnt far fetched. if you need a new gfx card to run a game more than likely you'll need a new cpu and memory so you arent being bottle necked.

*psychopower
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post

yeah i guess it show why its a bad idea
    lets see his LG/ railgun LOL!

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    I've been building my own comps since 1999. I dont buy a dell or hp. i custom build my shizzle. I have a phenom x4 940be, 4 gigs pc 8500 ram and a evga gtx 260 with the extra shaders. that i built roughly 1 year ago. when crysis 2 and rage come out do you think my comp can play these games at full specs? i doubt it. I overclock most of everything when my machine gets older. I can get my 3 ghz chip to 3.5 with a basic fan and no voltage changes easily. if i had water cooling i dont doubt i could hit 4-4.5ghz. i can get an extra 300 mhz out of my gfx card vpu and 200-300 mhz on the memory.

Games on xbox look just as good as any pc game i've seen and the xbox is basically a laptop without a monitor. memory, vpu and cpu are all onboard. the cpu is what 733mhz, yet it runs games better than a 3ghz machine.

I dont just play ql. Although i had to upgrade my comp to play it at all. old pc specs: athlon xp 2600+, 1gig pc 3200 , 5900 xt, yet i couldnt get 60 fps in ql while q3 at full gfx would run 300-500 fps depending on the map.

Doesn't xbox have a keyboard and mouse so you can surf the net?

From a business perspective i think it would be the way to go. Hasn't anyone noticed that ID has been making their games as of late for the console? Why? theres more money to be made.

Also 1200 every 1 1/2 - 2 years isnt far fetched. if you need a new gfx card to run a game more than likely you'll need a new cpu and memory so you arent being bottle necked.

That processor is fine. You could probably hit 3.7 on air w/o a major increase in heat.Though I would test it with this - http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/index.php?Download - A motherboard that supports dx11 wouldn't hurt or ddr3 @ 2000hz. But I would wait to buy anything with sandy/bulldozer due out soon. You don't need to replace the cpu evry 2 years. Video game industry hasn't caught up yet, nor will it ever. Until every game will actually utilize 4/6 cores you are fine.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

+ Reply to Thread