+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DevPick Nov 24-28: HyperGib

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

DevPick Nov 24-28: HyperGib

As this week is a short week due to the American Thanksgiving holiday, we are putting up this week's DevPick early.

This week, since we haven't done any InstaGib DevPicks in a while, we thought we would try and change things up a bit for the IG fans out there. The tweaks are simple, but hopefully fun!

So, what's HyperGib, you ask? Besides a corny last-minute name due to lack of a better one, the differences are that the Railgun has been lowered from 1500ms reload to 800ms reload, the Gauntlet will inflict 150 damage when you hit an enemy, and gravity has been lowered by half.

Interestingly enough, the lowered gravity is also great for practicing picking up speed through strafe jumping on the more open maps, so if you're looking for an opportunity to sharpen those skills, be sure to give it a shot.

For all those who celebrate it, we wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving. If you don't celebrate it, then make sure you check out some of the QUAKE LIVE Dreamhack coverage this weekend! (I'll be doing both, personally!)

*Sm0k3z
    gaunt damage needs to stay like that for instagib... just my $.02 nice dev pick aswell :P

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Happy Thanksgiving! (Tho I don't celebrate it)

I was kind of happy for reading this post right until I got to the part about the gravity change... :/ I personally never liked gravity modifications but meh, maybe it's more fun with this instagib variation, so thanks anyway.

@Sm0k3z I agree, gaunt should be insta too in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

*Sm0k3z
    ya the gravity makes it cool.. u catch a few floating around with the faster rail speed u get to play duck hunt QL style... its fun

Member windam is on a distinguished road windam's Avatar
    will give it a try tomorrow ...
    idL windam

... check out my latest QLSA list here : QLSA "QuakeLive SecretAwards" (2011-Nov)

Senior Member ljgda is on a distinguished road
    Looks fun...might try it out now

Member FurryFox is an unknown quantity at this point
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Don't mind me, I'm just a fox.

*Herpes_Date
    I think the combination is fun, and am definitely rail spamming on the 0.8sec reload :P.

It would be stellar to have another game-play format with IG, (i.e IG2 or whateverrrrr). In the meantime keep twisting in creativity...Thank you, and .....Call Me..
    Last edited by Herpes_Date; 11-24-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I think it would be better if more air control was in place. It could make some fun space matches if you had a good team railing one person on their team to help them avoid the opponents rails. (the FC would then be able to control their landing)

*Ktonk
    No. How about for the next iCTF devmod, add in the 3wave maps.

+ Reply to Thread