Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't install QuakeZeroIEHelper.ocx failed to register

*thefella

Can't install QuakeZeroIEHelper.ocx failed to register

Hi,

I am getting the following error

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7...stallerror.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't know what to do now. I'm not a computern00b but need some help with this.

I want to play

Thank in advance,

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate @ AMD Turion 64 X2, mobile, 1,6 Ghz, 1 Gb memory and ATI graphics card with atheros WLAN.

*thefella
    thanks for the help.

I fixed it by installing google Chrome

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    If I remember correctly this microsoft update fixes that issue

Or you can just press continue, and then in an admin level command prompt locate the folder that error mentioned and do:
    regsvr32 QuakeZeroIEHelper.ocx
    in that directory.

chrome works ok but if you refresh the page it thinks you have more than one copy open and you need to restart chrome, so firefox is still the better alternative imo.

*Melonballa
    sweet, that microsoft update worked. i tried that regsvr command but it was a nogo. thanks for the tips though

*Daggial

Thumbs up

that command isn't working cause is incomplete. do this to register it correctly:

start -> write "cmd" -> press enter
    write "cd c:\ProgramData\id Software\QuakeLive" (or the correct folder of the file if different)
    write "c:\Windows\system32\regsrv32.exe QuakeZeroIEHelper.ocx"

this worked for me without installing the MS update

Junior Member iouonegirl is on a distinguished road
    Hi guys

I have just done a clean reinstall of my windows 7 ultimate (64-bit) and I'm finding a lot of troubles playing QuakeLive.

I can't play it in Chrome (QL disconnects me immediately).
    I can't play it in Firefox, because it laggs so much (video and sound) that it's impossible to play.
    I can't install it in IE9, because i keep getting the same error as ^thefella had.
    When i tried the commands i get following error: http://wilma.vub.ac.be/~dsverdlo/regsvr.png

Since it's a clean windows reinstall, I'm pretty sure that I have all the newest 'stuff'. (Microsoft updates / QuakeLive files / browser version / ...)

Can anyone help me please?

(computer specs: Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU T5800 @2.00GHz
    4 GB DDR2
    Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family)

Thanks

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iouonegirl View Post
    I can't play it in Firefox, because it laggs so much (video and sound) that it's impossible to play.
    Since you've found a browser that works, stick to that for the time being.
    If you say it lags, I get it means very low FPS? That could indicate your video drivers don't have OpenGL support. You need to install fresh drivers from GPU manufacturer instead of what came with Windows.

Junior Member iouonegirl is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Diplodok!

It now works in FF...
    My driver was indeed out of date (2 years, much)

Kind regards
    Iouonegirl

Junior Member specie is on a distinguished road
    Here's what worked for me, * IMPORTANT, steps 3 and 4 need to be ran in that precise order)
    1. Run cmd as Administrator.
    2. cd yourself to the folder where the ocx files are. (cd\ProgramData\id Software\QuakeLive)
    3. Run regsvr32 QuakeZeroIE.ocx .
    4. THEN, run regsvr32 QuakeZeroIEHelper.ocx

To the quakelive staff, could you guys actually get around and fix this? Maybe we'd get more people joining the freaking game, rather than having to be a computer expert that knows how to load dll's in the GAC. I mean, cmon. I had this issue like 3 years ago.
    Last edited by specie; 12-07-2012 at 11:00 PM.

*Snoopy_Garcia
    Just install Firefox!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread