+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Running Quake Live in Firefox 4, 5 and 6 on Linux [fixes inside]

Senior Member wolf1e is on a distinguished road
    A bit offtopic: what's the gain of using the latest releases of firefox? been sticking to 3.6 and everything works fine.. seems that latest releases only cause problems.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambolicious View Post
    I saw the message to install but after clicking it the page goes to a blank one.
    That's normal, don't worry about it :)

Nothing installed and I still can't play quake.
    You need to restart the browser. Then, if you press Ctrl+Shift+A, you will have Quake Live in both Extensions and Plugins. If you have extension but no plugin, we can help in different thread like this one.

Wolf1e - I have no idea - I install them only to check compatibility and run this thread :) QL doesn't feel faster with Jaegermonkey or however it's called (because it's not JS that makes it slow).
    (but I don't use Firefox for browsing. If I did, FF4 has some features making it worthwile, like default OOPP, tabs on top and stuff)
    Last edited by Lam; 08-26-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Junior Member xaurion is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_Grosser View Post
    The only issue I have now, is that I am not able to play the game in fullcreen. When i hit the fullscreen-button my screen just turns black and ubuntu does not react on any input.
    I have the same problem, when i hit the fullscreen button my screen just turns black, please any fix for this?

When I try to change any video options like textures detail, same problem of black screen, not appear to be only a fullscreen problem.

Please Help!
    Last edited by xaurion; 08-27-2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: added additional info

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xaurion View Post
    I have the same problem, when i hit the fullscreen button my screen just turns black, please any fix for this?

When I try to change any video options like textures detail, same problem of black screen, not appear to be only a fullscreen problem.
    What's your graphics hardware and what drivers are you using? What's your r_mode in QL and what does `xrandr | grep Screen` in a Terminal say?

*RocketMan
    Diplodok: Just wanted to let you know, I just started playing and I was a bit stumped as to why the official FF extension wouldn't install. Thanks to your modded XPI file, the game data is downloading and soon I'll be able to play!

Senior Member Wanderer is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Diplodok

*xXv3nd3ttaXx
    It's really a Shame that the Mozilla team is doing a new version every month now or so... That's why id doesn't update anymore - they have the community for that lol

Edit: If anyone needs a fix for any future Version you can mind to contact me through twitter or my Homepage Contact Page or sth else, I always fix it for my FF Version but am not always updating it to my webspace or this Topic.
    Even if it is a simple Fix you could do yourself I will do it if you just want to click on a link and click "allow" to install the Extension.

Quote Originally Posted by varem
    xV3end is a Cadillac among men
    huh? lol

For Everyone Searching the Usefull Index Post: Click Here

And for everyone who uses any Firefox from Version 4.0 up to Version 10 (which will be released in First Quartal 2012 approx.)
    - I have a pre-fixed Version for you guys available. (Hosted on my personal Webspace)

Download & Install The Fixed Plugin

and if you dont trust me and my Webhost, want to look it up for eventual Virii or Exploit H00ks
    Or just want to download the Plugin as a .zip and install it manually:
    Download .zip

Disclaimer:
    Hope it suits you, I modified the .rdf and thus the .xpi and am now mirroring it publicy - if you do not like that I modified your Content (dear id) or I do violate against any Rules / EULA / TOS you can always Contact me and I will remove the violating Content.
    ~ greets, xXv3nd3ttaXx
    Last edited by xXv3nd3ttaXx; 09-13-2011 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Fix for FF10 & Updates

*ztyxmzbhny
    Quote Originally Posted by Diplodok View Post
    For Firefox 6-7 please try: http://Lam.pl/QuakeLivePlugin_433_ff6.xpi
    Does not work on Firefox 6.0 and linux amd64 (gentoo)

also: install xpi from server other than quakelive.com imo violates EULA and is a potential security thread.

Diplodok: thanks for supporting this issue

Quote Originally Posted by ztyxmzbhny View Post
    Does not work on Firefox 6.0 and linux amd64 (gentoo)
    Yes it does, but Gentoo is so noob that it doesn't install libXxf86dga by default...

also: install xpi from server other than quakelive.com imo violates EULA and is a potential security thread.
    Please go to the first post of this thread and start from there. You will find a whole thread of discussion on how to fix it and first link will take you to install.rdf fixes which you can make manually by yourself. You don't have to download it from my or anyone else's server at all!

But please! If you take the time to make a modified extension yourself, please do confirm that V3nd3tta's and my versions aren't introducing any hostile code. Thanks in advance.

*xXv3nd3ttaXx
    If you want to check what we have done, just compare the modification dates when opening the "archieve" with the original, we did ONLY modify the install.rdf which does not implement anything else than the Version Check and maybe (at least I did it) the Name.
    We did not even touch the .so 's and we will not do it.

I can confirm -
    I double-checked Diplodok's .xpi and the modified .rdf and he has not modified anything else than the install.rdf, just like I did.

(but that's a thing you have to believe, or just right-click save it and check if the plugins/npquakelive.i386.so which is for 32bit systems, and the plugins/npquakelive.x64.so which is obviously for 64-bit systems like mine modification dates are at 19. February 2011, 16:08)
    (The Modification Date for 'my' install.rdf is 13. September 2011, 11:44, Diplodok's install.rdf modification Date is 15. August 2011, 13:03)

Hope you can trust this little Information.

greets, ~xXv3nd3ttaXx

+ Reply to Thread