+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Every single player looks the same (green keel) [fix]

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar

Exclamation Every single player looks the same (green keel) [fix]

This was set as the new default as a huge number of top players use forced keel/bright with green settings to play.

You can disable it in the menu as described in the quote below, or with \clearcvar cg_forceEnemyModel if you know how to use the console. (if you don't check the guide in my sig)

As of the QLPP13 update Premium and Pro users can also use \clearcvar cg_forceEnemyModel, then \cg_forceEnemySkin bright

to have all the different models in use, but bright skins on them for which the colours can be chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouxouiga View Post
    Change the force enemy model to NO in the in game settings.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...e/shot0014.jpg

For more information on the coloured skin system in quakelive please see Ultimate Quake Live Guide post 6

(The following posts are from the original thread.)
    Last edited by Yakumo; 07-24-2012 at 03:35 PM.

*srsly

Exclamation Every single player looks the same (green keel) [fix]

hey, hope i made it clear by the title
    if not, i'll try again

every player i play practice/ or in game
    every player is keel, yet when i look at the teams, players aren't using keel as there model/ character

what is wrong with my game?

Senior Member Ouxouiga is on a distinguished road Ouxouiga's Avatar
    Change the force enemy model to NO in the in game settings.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...e/shot0014.jpg
    Last edited by Ouxouiga; 11-18-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Senior Member Salamatiqus is on a distinguished road Salamatiqus's Avatar
    No need to guess what correct input is. Type this
    \clearcvar cg_forceEnemyModel

Works in scripts too where "" is complicated thing.
    bind END "quit'

*function9
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamatiqus View Post
    No need to guess what correct input is. Type this
    \clearcvar cg_forceEnemyModel

Works in scripts too where "" is complicated thing.
    I've never used /clearcvar before, but my understanding is it sets whatever you clear back to default yes? Wasn't cg_forceenemymodel changed from "" (none) to "keel/bright"? I thought it was said someplace and why there's people now wondering what happened to all the different models. So if they're trying to get rid of keel/bright as enemy model, isn't clearcvar just going to reset back to default (keel/bright)?
    Last edited by function9; 11-18-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Senior Member Salamatiqus is on a distinguished road Salamatiqus's Avatar
    It clears cvar value to null. \reset resets cvar to default and \clearcvar clears cvar.
    Check it at any other cvar like r_picmip.
    bind END "quit'

*function9
    Ah, roger that. Thanks for the clarification.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    id software had fancy graphics as default for quake3 for 11 years, bullet shells, hit marks on walls on etc to show off how pretty their engine can be.

But no remotely serious players use that, id have access to the statistics of what peoples settings actually are in quakelive, how quickly they turn all that off. The amount of people complaining about others having an advantage when they learn that they're being seen as a bright green robot instead of a tiny dark eyeball hiding in the dark is significant.
    Even without knowing it's possible a large number of players ask if/how you can off all the extras, movement bob as well, and make all the players easier to see, so id have finally decided to try some new defaults as they wish this to be a competitive game, it is also more fair with veteran players mingle with newcomers.

I do think this one doesn't entirely make sense though as it goes against all the website graphics so confuses new players.
    Sorting out brightskins for all models would be better and making */bright default instead, so hopefully that is on the way. It would still be a little odd with all the old skins in the web artwork though.

Maybe the default skins should still be not-forced at all, but the skin options should come out from being hidden in the advanced menus, and be clearly linked to from the first menu that shows up when you press escape? a lot of players still miss even that menu but it's far easier and quicker to direct someone to that way "just hit escape! :-)".
    Last edited by Yakumo; 11-28-2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: reposting edited ver as building a sticky for a bit

*Izak80
    But i don't want to force them to use a model but rather have them choose themselves and see that choice in-game so to speak.

Senior Member jstn is on a distinguished road jstn's Avatar
    You can just set it to not force in the in-game menus. It puts you at kind of a disadvantage though. keel/bright and or keel/sport are a hell of a lot easier to spot than some of the smaller, darker models.

+ Reply to Thread