+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: World Cyber Games 2011 Games Preference Poll

*MartianBuddy
    Voted for QL & Crysis 2.

*mon0
    Quote Originally Posted by an00bis86 View Post
    Yakumo, in fairness, the attitude of the community stinks in general, so I see mon0's comment as par for the course. Anybody new is derided for being new. Anybody that tries to raise valid concerns about tier slumming are dismissed as older players say they had to suffer through that when they first started, nevermind the fact that the one of the primary selling points of THIS game is skillmatching. Then we get into the type of verbal abuse that goes on in the in-game chats, the sockpuppetry, the constant trolling, lack of communication from the developers (has improved slightly since the beta days, so partial kudos for that at least), etc. Honestly, unless you grew up playing Quake, this game would be quite unappealing to play largely due to the piss-poor attitude of the community. It's sad because I can actually remember a time when Quake players were fairly nice people, but that's definitely a thing of the past now, both from the old and new players.
    yeah theere were times where id didnt piss off the majority of the community. changing physics without any request, implementing unrequested features but negleting to implement any off the high priority community requested features or maps leeds to a reactrion like this. question liek how the acc is calculated are debated for 15 pages now but no one from id gave a response. i paid for this game so i think i have a right to get some information how the game works.
    so nothing to be sad but im not the person to get my head in ids **** because they are id.
    and btw i play quake III since 2000 and the attitude of id sadly changed drastic.

Senior Member cashier_ is on a distinguished road cashier_'s Avatar

tier slumming?

about tier slumming?

so I decided to tier slum one day. i played in a tier below my skill. these guys had to have been supernoobs, because they were worse than the usual skill below mine. who joins but a quake live mod who is infamous for tier slumming.

and this guys a really good player... so... HOW DOES HE GET INTO THE SERVER?? If i was that good, im sure it would say "your skill too high"

It ruined the game for those players, and even after constant complaining and bickering, how do they fix the problem? ban the people who complain? LOL

hopefully I dont get banned because i didnt mention any names. but if i do it just proves that what everyones saying is true, right?
    how bout dem apples?

*Sm0k3z
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamatiqus View Post
    \Callvote game Quake Live
    voted: yes ( over 9000), no (-1)
    Vote passed

No players shuffled

i actually lol'd

Senior Member MIZDUZAS is on a distinguished road
    no problem I vote for QL.I will be voted anyway QL best4ever

Senior Member kNakHstR is an unknown quantity at this point
    damn, QL on WCG, that's damn hot, have never expected Quake's come back!
    HiHo

Junior Member Valiantly is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MartianBuddy View Post
    Voted for QL & Crysis 2.
    I'm glad you've decided to include a game that isn't out yet or balanced at all for a "top-tier E-Sports Event."

I'm very glad that this "Olympics of Esports" has options to vote for that are completely unproven as a competitive game.

edit: Voted for quake, for what it's worth.

Member Amphetam1ne is on a distinguished road
    only voted QUAKE LIVE, may it be the return of king ;p

Senior Member sample2501 is on a distinguished road
    voted..
    10chars

Senior Member Anhedonic is on a distinguished road
    You're playing this game and not voting for it because it was down for a few hours?

**** just hit the fan, the community cannot be worse.
    <Anhedonic> DOGS HAVE LEGS
    * Anhedonic has quit IRC (Signed off)

* SyncError sets mode: +m #quakelive

<SyncError> Everyone please note...
    <SyncError> Dogs have legs.
    <SyncError> Okay carry on.
    * SyncError sets mode: -m #quakelive

+ Reply to Thread