I'm gonna try it when I get back from work.
In EXTRAS, it would be nice to have:
- demo record message (displayed in the lower part)
- framerate (as displayed in the upper-right corner by using cg_drawFPS)
When positioning hud items, people don't want these getting in the way and causing overlaps at runtime.
Keep up the good work.
There are some ways to make the software open source. You should choose a license (like gpl, creative commons, etc) and make the sourcecode available for download. Done the license usually states that people are allowed to use it but are not allowed to sell it. Also, if I deceide to download it, alter it, and realease 'malks improved visual hud generator', I have to give credits to you and usually have to publish it under the same license.
The benefits are obvious. The project won't die even if you stop working on it. There is at least the possibility that someone picks up the code and continues the work. Also ppl could host it themselves (might be another con if you plan ads or smth).
Searching for a female Orbb species to conjugate with.
Where the sanest place is behind the trigger
This is completely awesome, I love the import function.
A few suggestions:
1. I want one continuous health/armor bar. I don't like how 200hp/armor is split in two as if it was somehow significant. Is that a limitation of quake live or your own decision? Workaround is to align two health/armor bars side-by-side and depending on which direction you prefer it to drain make one show H100 completely transparent. Having an option to do that in visualhud would avoid this hassle.
2. Where is no indication which score board has animation for then your and/or enemy team holds flag. If I knew that I would not have tried the smallest one first.
3. Everything is very small, offer at least 2x zoom.
4. Making custom crosshair is difficult partially because how small everything is, but also because how rectangles are shown. What if I wanted dotted lines for example? It would probably look very messy in visualhud.
5. "Extras: Item pickup" does not show me time of then item was taken by me as shown in preview. How can I enable this?
#edit: I now understand what "extras" really means
6. Then you align "Graphical obits" to the right edge of screen then the second name will be very often cut off:
Last edited by nuane; 04-05-2011 at 07:54 PM.
I have a request to make. It would be nice to have the ability toggle some items of the HUD, would just need to add a line with showcvar + a line that let us type what cvar name we want iirc. So for evey item that you drag and drop it will have the option that let you type the cvar name we want to make it appear.
That would be awesome !
Here is a picture to ilustrate my idea since my english is far from beeing good : http://img833.imageshack.us/i/hudtest.jpg/ (click zoom to see in theright i added 'toggle item' and 'toggle CVAR name')
Last edited by Jolinaar; 04-05-2011 at 06:55 PM.
It'd be nice to be able to edit the hud in fullscreen
Hey, thanks for feedback
Check my comments below.
Using bigger canvas could be real pain in the ass since I have to recalculate everything before saving a HUD into config file. That's why I've decided to leave is as is.