+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NGL National Gaming League - Live Tournaments

Junior Member TheAlexander is on a distinguished road

NGL National Gaming League - Live Tournaments

Hey guys,

I'm Alexander, one of the co-founders of the National Gaming League.

We host live tournaments along the east coast. We are currently considering bringing on Quake Live/3 onto our live tour as a 1v1 event.

We plan on streaming the event live along side our other competitions. I'm not sure who to contact at Id about sanctioning our events, so this is my way of reaching out.

Please email/PM me.

Thanks,
    Alexander

Senior Member SulitDaniel is on a distinguished road
    i can't believe this never got responded. NGL may still be small, but they are actually a legit league. they pay their players out. they aren't scammers.

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Contacting SyncError would always be an idea. You can sift through to find his info, but I know he's always in the #quakelive channel on gamesurge and quakenet more often than not.

There are ways, so definitely do some figuring. Friend of mine who did trophies for the past two QuakeCon events ran a 1v1 event down in NM where we got to test out lan capabilities of QL, so I know it's doable.

Hope that helps a bit, sorry. :P hangover from hell atm.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

just pm'd the ceo of NGL. they are still considering it, but they need to get in contact with id.

Senior Member Schutzengel is on a distinguished road Schutzengel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlexander View Post
    We host live tournaments along the east coast. We are currently considering bringing on Quake Live/3 onto our live tour as a 1v1 event.
    That would be awesome. Good luck.

Junior Member ultra is on a distinguished road
    Last time I checked, I was still the CEO of National Gaming League, the _ACTUAL_ National Gaming League, the one that has a charter with ID Software since 2009, the one that your imposter league has attempted to rip off completely, down to the logo and the colors. You have no history in Quake Live, so Please do not confuse this person and their "www.thenationalgamingleague.com" they simply added a the to our domain and copied all of our color scheme, our logos, and now they're trying to get credit for my leagues reputation? I don't think so sir, just because my league has been inactive since our last CORPORATE SPONSORED TOURNAMENT, SANCTIONED BY ID SOFTWARE, THERMALTAKE USA, FUTURELOOKS.COM in which we have indeed sent all the prizes to the winners of, does not mean that you can blatently rip off our name, logo, colors, and now reputation, I knew about your site and I wasn't going to get upset because you were sticking to console gaming, but you dare post on the quake live forums as the National Gaming League, no way pal. You will hear from our lawyers.

-CEO National Gaming League(c) 2008-2011
    Michael "Ultra" Cutshall
    admin@the-ngl.com

Quote Originally Posted by ultra View Post
    Last time I checked, I was still the CEO of National Gaming League, the _ACTUAL_ National Gaming League, the one that has a charter with ID Software since 2009, the one that your imposter league has attempted to rip off completely, down to the logo and the colors. You have no history in Quake Live, so Please do not confuse this person and their "www.thenationalgamingleague.com" they simply added a the to our domain and copied all of our color scheme, our logos, and now they're trying to get credit for my leagues reputation? I don't think so sir, just because my league has been inactive since our last CORPORATE SPONSORED TOURNAMENT, SANCTIONED BY ID SOFTWARE, THERMALTAKE USA, FUTURELOOKS.COM in which we have indeed sent all the prizes to the winners of, does not mean that you can blatently rip off our name, logo, colors, and now reputation, I knew about your site and I wasn't going to get upset because you were sticking to console gaming, but you dare post on the quake live forums as the National Gaming League, no way pal. You will hear from our lawyers.

Michael "Ultra" Cutshall
    admin@the-ngl.com
    Hey, i dont think they intentionally ripped you guys off. To my knowledge, This NGL used to be TGN (the gaming nation). Their logos are still similar and they use the same color schemes (blue and red). Did you guys hold Lan events? just wondering.

to be honest, i never heard/seen your NGL site until today. I'm truly stating the reputation that THE ngl has, which is true. they pay all their players out.

Seriously, we are having less and less quake tournaments. we cant be fighting each other for dumb things. Quake in THE NGL can potentially provide an extra 5-6 lans a year. which is awesome!
    Last edited by SulitDaniel; 06-27-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibers View Post
    Contacting SyncError would always be an idea. You can sift through to find his info, but I know he's always in the #quakelive channel on gamesurge and quakenet more often than not.

There are ways, so definitely do some figuring. Friend of mine who did trophies for the past two QuakeCon events ran a 1v1 event down in NM where we got to test out lan capabilities of QL, so I know it's doable.

Hope that helps a bit, sorry. :P hangover from hell atm.
    Pretty sure you can't run a lan w/o id software setting it up.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Junior Member TheAlexander is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra View Post

Michael "Ultra" Cutshall
    admin@the-ngl.com

Wow...sorry didn't mean to rattle your cage. Honestly I'd never heard of your site until a few months ago and I noticed your last update was May 2010 so I didn't think your site was even active anymore.

We had no intention of stealing your name or colors. We registered the ngl domain name, trademark and designed our logo/site back in NOV 2008. You can do a whois lookup and verify. Really we meant no harm. If you don't want us to do QL it's no big deal. We're only just considering it at the moment.

But if it still bothers you we'll back off. Like Mastertouch said we figured QL fans just want more events.

Just for reference: http://www.whois.net/whois/thenationalgamingleague.com (Sorry it was October 2008 - my mistake)

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlexander View Post
    Like Mastertouch said we figured QL fans just want more events.
    Don't get that mistaken, more events would be ****ing awesome.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

+ Reply to Thread