View Poll Results: Should this, or a change like this, be implemented on qztourney2?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the layout needs to be changed.

23 88.46%
  • No, the layout is fine the way it is.

2 7.69%
  • Other. (Please specify below)

1 3.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: QZTOURNEY2 - The Proving Grounds

*anthem_
    BUMP for justice.

*PigCell
    It's nice to see that t2 is at least getting a little love. I used to like the original, too. But there's a problem. Maybe I wasn't aware of it back then or it was for the lack of good duel maps, but t2 is fundamentally flawed.

It's not that the map is a simple two room symmetrical layout. It's that it is an endless loop. You can play hide and seek pretty much indefinitely. That's why the jump pad was introduced, to break the endless chasing at least in one direction (or make it more difficult). The only true fix in my opinion for that issue might be a one way teleporter on that side.

Item-wise the map isn't actually that bad... it's just that people don't like CG vs. LG battles very much. This map clearly shows that CG is balanced against LG and wins in some situations and loses in others. Great. But the map is a hit-scan fest to begin with. So do away with either weapon.

Personally, I'd hate to see the only working CG in a duel map get taken out. That means, LG out, SG in. We have two problems fixed. One, the seemingly boring LG vs CG; and two, because of CG spin-up time it's not all hit-scan dominance. We might see more of a shift towards rockets (which is always perceived as pleasant in quake).

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    No one has been playing the layout with the chaingun. It was a fun experiment and as noted, I think the map really showed that CG was balanced against the LG. But regardless, very few were willing to adopt the chaingun into duel gameplay, therefore I will be implementing a non-chaingun layout that is much more closer to the original RL/LG/SG layout that existed in the original. I anticipate that it will remain to be an underplayed map, but the layout change might be nice for nostalgic gameplay.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    No one has been playing the layout with the chaingun. It was a fun experiment and as noted, I think the map really showed that CG was balanced against the LG. But regardless, very few were willing to adopt the chaingun into duel gameplay, therefore I will be implementing a non-chaingun layout that is much more closer to the original RL/LG/SG layout that existed in the original. I anticipate that it will remain to be an underplayed map, but the layout change might be nice for nostalgic gameplay.
    We're not worthy!! We're not worthy!!

Can't wait for it Wasn't there a pro-t2 layout with a RG under the bridge?
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    We're not worthy!! We're not worthy!!

Can't wait for it Wasn't there a pro-t2 layout with a RG under the bridge?
    Yes but the architecture changes on pro-t2 were in most people's opinion, undesirable. The rail section was okay, but the side areas are a bit chaotic.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    ...that is much more closer...

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    Yes but the architecture changes on pro-t2 were in most people's opinion, undesirable. The rail section was okay, but the side areas are a bit chaotic.
    Maybe make pro-q3tourney2 a separate map? It would be similar to how Hell`s Gate Redux is separate from the original Hell`s Gate. You could call it "Proving Grounds Redux" or something along the lines.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Senior Member Venser is on a distinguished road Venser's Avatar
    I'd like it to return to it's original Q3 form

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Talking about fun experiments, a few of the other maps that also had major fun experiments done to them were better left in their Q3 states imo. q3dm4 is better than eviscerated. But then again... I guess the changes done to that map were to compensate for CA gameplay :/ q3dm11 is also better than chemicalreaction, q3dm10 better than namelessplace etc.. Maybe I'm just a purist.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    Talking about fun experiments, a few of the other maps that also had major fun experiments done to them were better left in their Q3 states imo. q3dm4 is better than eviscerated. But then again... I guess the changes done to that map were to compensate for CA gameplay :/ q3dm11 is also better than chemicalreaction, q3dm10 better than namelessplace etc.. Maybe I'm just a purist.
    I would be very surprised if the majority were in agreement with you. Especially concerning Chemical Reaction and Nameless Place. Sometimes nostalgia creeps in and clouds your mind.

+ Reply to Thread