+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to create your own Server on QuakeLive? ( Private / Public )

*Nullgest7

Post How to create your own Server on QuakeLive? ( Private / Public )

Open Discussion: Can Anyone tell me in how to create your very own Quake_Live Server and be able to Host it I'm very interested in this area of gaming to invite more players to Quake_Live --

I hope to get a reply soon.

By: Nullgest7 (AussieNull38 in xfire.com)

Cheers!!

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    If you`re a Pro Subscriber, (it`s $3.99 a month, which shouldn`t be a huge investment for most people) you have the ability to start your own servers, both public and private. You can invite up to three friends in a private server, and for every pro member in the server you can add another three. On your own public servers, players can either be invited or join themselves, which makes accessibility easier, but they won`t be able to play premium maps and / or Freeze Tag.

So it is possible, it just costs money. Perhaps you can ask your parents to purchase you a pro subscription as a Christmas gift. And at $3.99 a month, it can be paid off with your allowance, if you`re given at least $4 a month. It`s a great way to exercise economic responsibility. You`ll have fun and feel good about yourself, too. Just keep in mind that it`s billed annually, which means you pay all the money at the end of the year, rather than every month, so in reality you`ll be paying $47.88 every year for Pro.
    Last edited by EmeraldTiger; 11-05-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger View Post
    You can invite up to three friends in a private server, and for every pro member in the server you can add another three. On your own public servers, players can either be invited or join themselves, which makes accessibility easier, but they won`t be able to play premium maps and / or Freeze Tag.
    You mixed up private/public and standard/premium. 2 different settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

*Carwash
    The site says 'Pro' membership can invite up to 3 friends to play on 'Premium' content

http://www.quakelive.com/#premium

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    buy pro,start match and rest is easy you cant miss a thing on that....
    http://i53.tinypic.com/nci5nd.png

1.choose location of server
    2.chose who can see your server,options in that are:All players,Invited players,Friends
    3.Choose where oyu want your server,options are:Premium-it means put server on private games and its aveliable only in that section.Standard option put your server on public list and its easier to see it if you want game with random players and you are host if oyu spawned it
    4.Match size,you can pick there how many players can join on server or how many specs or players you want...
    5.Team size nothing to add you can read it by self...
    6.Match password:you can use it if you play pick ups or you are lazy to invite people.....
    7.Insta gib mode:gives you a rail gun only!
    8.Spawn protectionrotect you on spawns
    9.choose game type,choose arena and invite friends tada you are finished
    i already saw that kind of thread so i did this!
    for any other info about premium pro features go on http://www.quakelive.com/#premium
    Last edited by AXxXxO; 11-06-2010 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carwash View Post
    The site says 'Pro' membership can invite up to 3 friends to play on 'Premium' content

http://www.quakelive.com/#premium
    3 standard and/or unlimited premium/pro members. Also, it's 3 standards for each pro. So if you have another pro on your server, you 2 can invite 2x3=6 standards. That's when you start a premium match.
    However, you can create a standard match too, where unlimited standards can join, but you can not run premium content (freezetag or premium maps) of course.
    So if you have 5 standard friends and you are the only pro, but you need a private match (a clan match, for example), you can just start a standard server and invite them all.
    *unlimited = server slot, of course.

Look at sigur's pic: "Membership level". You can choose standard or premium.

/advertisement
    Last edited by Marklar; 11-06-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

*007Bond
    I dont wanna buy premium can i still get it ?? Is it posible>?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007Bond View Post
    I dont wanna buy premium can i still get it ?? Is it posible>?
    If you don't want to buy premium then you need a friend with a Pro subscription to invite you to games.

If you want to start servers, then you have to buy a Pro subscription, the only alternative is to win one by winning one of many tournaments that often take place with some subscription tokens as prizes.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    the only alternative is to win one by winning one of many tournaments that often take place with some subscription tokens as prizes.
    Yeah thats how i got mine..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muckyman View Post
    Yeah thats how i got mine..
    I won one
    They're only for 3 months though usually.

+ Reply to Thread