+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerning the recent increase in crashes for NVIDIA users...

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar

Concerning the recent increase in crashes for NVIDIA users...

Recently some QUAKE LIVE users with NVIDIA hardware have been experiencing game crashes every other time they enter into a game server. This crash is occurring within the most recent NVIDIA GeForce 260.## driver. Until an updated NVIDIA driver is released resolving the issue, we recommend users experiencing such crashes either:
    • Turn off 'threaded optimization' in the nvidia control panel 2d options for iexplorer.exe or firefox.exe, or
    • Visit http://www.nvidia.com and revert back to an older driver version.

Senior Member cashier_ is on a distinguished road cashier_'s Avatar
    will this work for mac osx ? i went to download a driver but there appears to not be any made for mac, only Windows, Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD
    how bout dem apples?

Junior Member Jawz is on a distinguished road
    Weird, mine locks up after I leave a server and join a new server, and I have an ATI card. Maybe it's not just nvidia cards? I have an ATI 5870 mobility gpu.

Well when I say lockup, it just hangs for about 30-60 seconds trying to join a new server, eventually it will go, but was never this way before.

Member oxo_ is on a distinguished road
    Hi. I have the same problem over a month now, but i have ATI drivers, not NVIDIA so its not only NVIDIA bug.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    latest ati drivers? 10.10c?
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Member oxo_ is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by _adderall View Post
    latest ati drivers? 10.10c?
    You will not believe it but I have a ATI Radeon 9200 which works with 6.11 ver.Use it on my old comp.I know it's a crappy card but i have 120 fps on 800x600 res (with 512Mb RAM beat that.I had no problems until a month ago when it started to crash every time when i join to a new server.

Banned marcklar has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    I have an ATI card and I have the same problem. I deal with this problem by refreshing the page after I leave a match, this seems to fix the problem.

Junior Member Mooseface is on a distinguished road
    I get a crash on every other server I try to join but am using an ATI x1600 card

Member Lapppy is on a distinguished road
    Just to let you all know that I have a similar problem with a Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family, Crashes every other server entered with a Data execution prevention error.

chears for the information realy helped me

three chears for quake live!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread