+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Video: Quake Live Double Jumping (chainjumping)

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337Hax0rr View Post
    Fake, you messed with some cvars. Tried the bloodrun jumps and it's a sham. Some of them are legit but the others you clearly messed with cvars
    I'm really glad I made that impression. I take your comment as a compliment

It's like when people in FFA servers call me a cheater. Warms my heart <3

Senior Member 1337Hax0rr is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by crucci View Post
    I'm really glad I made that impression. I take your comment as a compliment

It's like when people in FFA servers call me a cheater. Warms my heart <3
    Every other jump I did it in the first or second try except the ones on bloodrun. You can't fool me son, I'm 1337.

Every other jump I did it in the first or second try except the ones on bloodrun. You can't fool me son, I'm 1337.
    Join a server with me and I'll show you I can do them both consistently. Also, did you really do the last two dm13 jumps, the second t7 jump, the jump on Dismemberment, the flag snatch jumps and the jump in Solid on the first or second try? That's impressive. I fail to see how doing those so easily would make the bloodrun jumps exceedingly difficult for you.
    Last edited by crucci; 11-15-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Senior Member 1337Hax0rr is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by crucci View Post
    Join a server with me and I'll show you I can do them both consistently. Also, did you really do the last two dm13 jumps, the second t7 jump, the jump on Dismemberment, the flag snatch jumps and the jump in Solid on the first or second try? That's impressive. I fail to see how doing those so easily would make the bloodrun jumps exceedingly difficult for you.
    Yes, the dm13 ones and the t7 were the first ones I tried since I'm mostly interested in duel maps. They were rather easy.

The bloodrun I tried it over 20 times, double jump doesn't work on that little crappy ledge

double jump doesn't work on that little crappy ledge
    As I said, it works just fine and I can prove it. There's obviously something you're doing wrong if it doesn't work for you. It shouldn't be all that different from the second t7 jump which also is a double jump on a little crappy ledge.

*Corey
    Can I get demo plz, or new ones that I can better see how you do them ?

Senior Member Jason_ is on a distinguished road Jason_'s Avatar
    Yes, the dm13 ones and the t7 were the first ones I tried since I'm mostly interested in duel maps. They were rather easy.

The bloodrun I tried it over 20 times, double jump doesn't work on that little crappy ledge
    Just practice.

*Corey
    I mean, what exactly is the procedure of perfoming those jumps? What angles, spots to hit, movement to do ?

The basic idea is very simple. Jump once, then once you reach the ledge, jump again.

The lower the ledge, the closer to the ledge you have to perform the first jump to touch the ledge with the second jump during your upward motion. You need that upward motion to benefit from the second jump. Also, the lower the ledge, the faster you'll have to press jump in succession; timing the second jump right is important. It's only logical.

Strafing has nothing to do with performing the double jump itself, but it may be a factor in reaching whatever platform trying to reach with the double jump.

Staircases are a bit different to ledges. First, you need to approach the stairs in the correct angle to be able to double jump from them. You'll get a feel for that angle with some practice. Second, double jumping from stairs actually involves three jumps: first from the ground towards the stairs, second from the staircase itself, and third one from the staircase, "detaching" you from the staircase. This is why the angle of approach is important - you don't want the second jump to be too high for getting another jump in quick succession.

Member unnamedtony is on a distinguished road
    easy for a q2 old player

+ Reply to Thread