+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Video: Quake Live Double Jumping (chainjumping)

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 2P4C View Post
    fragster link is not working
    It doesn't seem to exist on that site anymore. The earliest videos on the site are from December last year, so I guess they renewed the site but didn't reupload all the content.

Senior Member BL1NDlight is on a distinguished road BL1NDlight's Avatar
    so the basic idea is you're jumping the second time already having upward momentum which gives you the boost?

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Yeah, except it doesn't exactly give you boost, it just sets your upward velocity to a certain amount. It's bigger than regular jumping one, but smaller than e.g. when you use a vertical jumppad; hence why jumping off the edge after using a pad will slow you down (which is sometimes very useful to tell the truth).

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    Yeah, except it doesn't exactly give you boost, it just sets your upward velocity to a certain amount.
    It actually increases your overall velocity, not just your upward velocity. Since jumping has a vertical element to it, it means you will go higher with a chain jump than with a single jump; but also further.

hence why jumping off the edge after using a pad will slow you down (which is sometimes very useful to tell the truth).
    For a double jump to be effective, the second jump needs to happen relatively soon after the first jump. When you jump off the edge after using a jump pad, you're just employing pmove_airsteps to reset your speed; if you got an actual chain jump, your speed would increase. Granted, an "air step" is required for a successful chain jump, but you also need the short spacing of the jumps.

*flashstep
    Hey, im pretty new up to the game. Wanted to look your video, but it's not available in my country and megaupload is down - could you re-upload it ? :E

thanks anyway.

Junior Member pcpablorocks is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up doublejump

Hey man, how are you doing?

How do I do the chainjump?

waiting for your answer for my elo! 999

Junior Member coffeegator is on a distinguished road
    I feel a bit embarrassed about posting in a thread that hasn't been active since January but I've tried to skim through every page here in attempts to get the map at the OP to work and I just can't.

I'm pretty sure I put the .pk3 file in the right directory, the one with all the map .pk3 files and made sure it was read only and such. I've tried this both in Windows 8.1 and on a Wineskin wrapper (my primary OS that I play QL on is Mac OS X) with no success. I dunno if there's been any updates that prevent these files to work or what, all I know for sure is that the map hasn't been deleted but the game still can't find it. I guess it's not the end of the world if I can't play this map but I've tried practicing strafe jumping on others and there are too many distracting obstacles on those for less experienced players who want to get into the game like me. I'm pretty sure I've followed all instructions in this thread as closely as possible...

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    The encryption was removed, so older encrypted pk3 files won't work.

See this post here for how to use quakelivedec to make unencrypted pk3 files.

+ Reply to Thread