+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Strafe Jump Troubleshooting (tutorial video)

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitiy View Post
    Advice!

For those who have problems with strafing:

- Try to play on a higher Refreshrate (not fps, but Hz)
    - Play in the small browserwindow. The movement is not spread over the whole screen so it is smoother, essepcially when you play on a 60Hz like me....this is crap
    i hope you dont think that acceleration is based on frame/refresh rate still...

raz3r... do you have an ETA on beta4? im really interested, in the map and also the mapmaking process (maps for QL). i want quake live rocket/plasma training

think its possible to walk me through making maps specifically for QL? or something?

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    You make a map for Q3 and encrypt the .pk3 to work with QL, and that's it.

As for plasma training, the runs on cos1_beta7b and tr1ckhouse_beta3 work pretty well in QL (all are doable I guess), so you might want to try them out while waiting for Raz3r's map, which is going to take ages anyway. xd

Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    You make a map for Q3 and encrypt the .pk3 to work with QL, and that's it.

As for plasma training, the runs on cos1_beta7b and tr1ckhouse_beta3 work pretty well in QL (all are doable I guess), so you might want to try them out while waiting for Raz3r's map, which is going to take ages anyway. xd
    dude... thats not what he did. he made them the same way the devs made the QL maps, and if you try to play them in q3, good luck with that. the whole conversion process is a massive pain in the ass if you have to "wing it" and go on little tidbits of information you find after hours of research. also there are about 3 different ways that people have found to convert ql maps to q3 and theyre all pretty different, which makes it even weirder.

ive beaten both of those in ql, and in some ways theyre easier in ql cuz of increased plasma knockback, but in most ways theyre more annoying because of acceleration and stuff. you should remember who youre talking to <3

i want maps specifically built for quake live physics, since ql and q3 (cpm and vq3) are so different.

Senior Member RAZ3R is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, I wouldn't hold your breath on beta4, been over a year since beta3 now with little to no progress =)... though I will say there is a better than average chance that I'll work on it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ3R View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't hold your breath on beta4, been over a year since beta3 now with little to no progress =)... though I will say there is a better than average chance that I'll work on it next week.
    "little to no progress" breaks my heart... if i knew a lot about the QL physics or mapping i would gladly help, but sadly im not the most knowledgeable about either one.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    dude... thats not what he did. he made them the same way the devs made the QL maps
    Yeah. Or maybe not. Well, Raz3r appears in this thread but seems like he ignored this fragment of your post, so I'll take the liberty of mentioning that he used GTK Radiant 1.5 (or was it 1.4?) for creating raztrainql_. Which is pretty much what I said earlier, I guess xd

Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    Yeah. Or maybe not. Well, Raz3r appears in this thread but seems like he ignored this fragment of your post, so I'll take the liberty of mentioning that he used GTK Radiant 1.5 (or was it 1.4?) for creating raztrainql_. Which is pretty much what I said earlier, I guess xd
    i didnt say he didnt use gtk. its the way he builds it, and what settings he uses. im pretty sure i know how to do it, but ive never tried, so i cant tell for sure. i also think he ignored that part of my post because its obviously not something hes allowed to talk about, since if he said how to make them people would also know how to decompile them and stuff. and iD doesnt want that but its already been done a few times XD

anyway i cant wait until beta4.

Senior Member Schutzengel is on a distinguished road Schutzengel's Avatar
    Great video, it explains the techniques really well.

Junior Member Simboubou is on a distinguished road
    Hi, and thanks for the map.
    However, I can't use it... I am under linux, and did exactly as your post explains. But as soon as I load the map, it...disappear. I mean, the map is loaded, but then I can only see my gun, and hear my footsteps. Can't see the map. I looks like someone has turned off the lights.

Could it be due to a newer version of QL ?

Thx.

EDIT : Works now ! Probably just a random bug.
    Last edited by Simboubou; 09-16-2010 at 03:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread