+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Strafe Jump Troubleshooting (tutorial video)

Member roxolana25 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by qop View Post
    cgaz-hud wouldnt run in wolfcam i guess?
    ofc not. you would have to add it yourself, which is completely possible, since wolfcam is open source. defrag is not, however, so good luck finding out how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by CarlGustav View Post
    I've been trying defrag and wanted to change the timescale but I get a message that timescale is protected and sv_cheats is read only. How do I change it?

Are there any settings in defrag that can make the physics closer to QL? Picking up speed in QL seems way easier.

Edit: seems you can only set cheats & timescale in multiplayer mode.
    picking up speed in ql is harder. acceleration is way lower. you prolly have a low framerate, low sv_fps, or something else messing with your acceleration.

you need to use /devmap to get cheats in defrag.

----

on a topic somewhat related to this thread, ive been chatting with hk (the q3df.org admin dude) recently, and he's doing a lot of research on demo protocol and whatnot, so ill be asking him some questions in a few weeks, and learning things, and stuffs.

this pretty much means im gonna pick up my demo conversion thingy again, and hopefully actually get something done. it would be so easy if i knew C...
    Last edited by roxolana25; 04-25-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Senior Member joz is on a distinguished road
    did u ever get any further with this demo conversion? would be interesting to know how it goes. If you are new to programming and want to get a program fast, u should try python. Its much easier to understand than C, although generally less efficient. But noone cares when its not something cpu intensive.

edit: btw ur multiple accounts are confusing...

Member Mireru is on a distinguished road

Unhappy

Guess we will be stuck at beta3 forever :/

*Skaruts
    I only read this thread until page 9 for now, so I don't know if this really matters anymore, but I never loaded the map in ctf mode, but in duel mode instead, and I never had problems with blackness. Been doing this for more than a year.

But the funny thing is that only now I noticed that you say to use "\map", I've always been using "\devmap".
    I'd like to know what exactly is the difference, btw?

The original system the map was designed for doesnt work any more either. He made a cage for 1 enemy and flags for timing the runs. He wanted you to ready up so you dont spawn with weapons, but now it requires you to have 4 players in CTF to ready up, which defeats the whole purpose of having a separate bot spawn point.

In duel, there is only 1 spawn point, the one in the map (not the cage), so you shouldnt get blackness, however, there is also no way to time the runs. If you are just using the strafe pads, then this doesnt really matter.

Devmap allows you to use cheats, like "\give all" to get items, and also allows you to change cheat protected cvars like 3rd person and g_allowkill, g_speed, g_gravity etc. It also kicks all bots, which would cause a problem in duel.

*Skaruts
    Yea, I usualy go to the strafe pads, and if I go to the other runs I won't be needing to time them since I'm too slow to worry about it, yet.
    Thanks J0Z.

*jovankralj
    I've followed all the instruction and quadruple cheched that everything is as it is in the instructions, but it still won't let me play the map..... It say's that it can't find the map.....

Did u put it in the right baseq3 folder (there are 2)?
    Are u sure it is read-only, since QL deleted files it doesnt like at the start of every game.
    Typos?

Cant think of anything else

*zzirrealzz
    ok, I am doing something wrong to get this map. I have done everything except being able to move it to the baseql folder and that is because i dont seem to have one. I have tried in game to start the game but it says it cant find the map. so im guessing i do need to move it or something but i dont have the folder

Junior Member BobWinters is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by joz View Post
    Did u put it in the right baseq3 folder (there are 2)?
    Are u sure it is read-only, since QL deleted files it doesnt like at the start of every game.
    Typos?

Cant think of anything else
    I couldn't actually find any map inside the pk3, so this could be the problem..... Weird.

EDIT:
    I found a link here http://www.mediafire.com/?mdgjtumdq2l
    It checked inside and it has the map. But it still doesn't find the map in ql, I'm confused :S
    Last edited by BobWinters; 11-29-2011 at 07:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread