+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Strafe Jump Troubleshooting (tutorial video)

Senior Member joz is on a distinguished road
    there are 2 baseq3 directories. make sure you have the right one.

@zzirrealzz: dont try to find the folders just copy and paste the directory from the original post into your address bar

*Virtual_Rush
    Hi. I'm starting to learn the correct way of strafe jumping. Thank you for this thread. It's very helpful. I will post my demo soon, so maybe you can give me some pointers. Cheers.

Senior Member s0laris is on a distinguished road
    Thank you for the great guide, really. Im a low mid strafer, i need to prac to get better at it, but with the map provided and the good video materials, i think i finally got the hang of circle jumping (i could never do it in Enemy Territory, because i had way too low sens to do the 90 degree mouse move fast enough). For those, who are struggling to do that circle jump, one advice: if you got very low sens and no accel, add accel, otherwise its going to be really tough to do a proper circle jump and even if you can do it reliably, a lot of mouse movement will make your hand tired really fast. If you can do lane 0-2 on Razers prac map, time to learn circle jumping, coz youll need the speed you can gain with the first jump after that.

Junior Member Powersource is on a distinguished road
    The map download link isn't working for me

Junior Member COMO is on a distinguished road
    any help is appreciated
    i actually thought i knew how to strafe/ circle jump.. but, looks like i haven't a clue
    Attached Files

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    @ Como

1. You don't turn quite far enough
    2. You don't turn fast enough sometimes (or rather your turn starts out slow, and accelerates to fast, whereas a fast consistent speed would be better)
    3. You often start turning too long after the jump button

thanks Lorfa.. that'll give me something to work on.
    i can build some speed, but i notice i top out pretty quick.

oh, and btw.. i've used your console guide quite a bit; thanks for all the help

*SEG
    thanks for tutorial man

finally made the 1st lane, and it feels like a major accomplishment.
    =o

couldn't make it w/ single beat ( i assume that's the strafe R-L-R-L, etc..)
    but was able to pick up the half-beat technique and get thru.
    thanks to the people helping on this thread.
    maybe i'll get better now

I couldn't imagine letting off the fwd key in half-beat - seemed illogical. but it worked!
    do you let go of the fwd key in single beat?

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by COMO View Post
    I couldn't imagine letting off the fwd key in half-beat - seemed illogical. but it worked! do you let go of the fwd key in single beat?
    I rarely let go of the forward key when strafe jumping. The only times that I do this is when I deliberately want to go slower. Going over the first lane in raztrainQL I have to do this sometimes because it is easy to overshoot the pad.

Half-beat is much more natural to me in general.

+ Reply to Thread