Problem with updating QuakeLive (error 2738 / registry access)
when i try to install it, i get this error
can anyone help :/
i have windows 7 x64
Have you tried to update QL with administrative rights?
ive tried that logged as an admin ;/
I am getting error code 2738
This is so crap, never had any problems during beta stage; now its alpha and i cant install/uninstall the plugin.
I cant even uninstall the old plugin; same error message; 2738
Same here >
I have the same error code 2738 trying to update in Firefox. Before that error, I get a warning that parts can't be installed as Firefox is running...... of course it's running! I tried opening the installer with FF closed but that didn't work either.
LOL, no tech support unless I upgrade to premium........ I'm hardly going to pay for that while I can't play because of the update problem. Chicken and egg guys, why would I pay for something before it's working!
The only thing I've changed since the last time I played was that I ran a disc cleanup. Since posting this, I downloaded Google Chrome to see if that would help but the update that automatically downloads is the one for Firefox and I get the same errors.
(Borrowing from a similar post I just wrote)
The error code 2738 usually means that vbscript.dll is not registered correctly. Try the following if you are using Vista or Win7:
- In the Start Menu, navigate to the Command Prompt under All Programs -> Accessories. However, do not click on it yet.
- Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
- In the command prompt, enter the following for 32-bit windows:
- For 64-bit windows, enter the following:
- If you get a dialog indicating success, then rerun/redownload the MSI by using "Save Target As..." . You may need to run as administrator by right-clicking on it and selecting the option, but that should not be necessary.
I hope this helps.
looks like i don't have vbscript.dll
is that even possible? haha.