someone who still has the original Q3 installed on their PC, double check n' confirm on that
Originally Posted by pikaluva13
The only reason I'm saying it was because I've seen like 20 posts here on the forum (as you can obviously tell I read most of them) and they mentioned that that was how it was in Q3
Originally Posted by Norlan
I might check though, although I have no clue how I'd go about that lol
yes in q3 quad is 3x but lg, mg and rg deal more damage and rl has stronger splash
they changed not only height of jumps!
strafe atm is really faster than 1 week ago !
i can overjump a lot holes and i really can play with MY style now,bcoz ALL SO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fast movement fast jumps,double jumps,fast stairs jumps
**** **** **** UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i still cannt understand for which noobs need these acceleration of jumps and changed 18 > 22 - FOR WHAT ?????????? FOR WHICH MAPS AND TRICKS ????????????
10 years all played QUAKE with standart height of jumps - FOR WHAT DID U CHANGE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
i cannt play taktical game on lostworld bcoz its very small and map - need not skill for strafe anymore - all skill is depending from NOOB UPDATE and double jumps=(((((((((((((((
Last edited by uNDeaDZERG; 10-30-2010 at 10:11 AM.
i agree the x3 quad damage is sooo bad, the worst thing to happen since preium and pro
I TOTALLY DISLIKE THE NEW CHANGES!!!!
1. Physics - 0/5 - might be usefull ooooonly for CA. And related to physics are:
2. Related: Step > Jump height - maps are made for lower jump/step. I.e., MAPS gameplay is changed.
3. Related: Chain Jump - we already witness real affects on the maps gameplay by this. CTF2 - central low jump - you can decrease the height.
4. Related: Lag - somehow, I receive damage with delay. And not only me, I already asked other players, who suffer the same thing. That is, you get killed without even having the time to react. You think you escaped and SMAK!
5. Related: BOUNCE - ALL THE TIME!!! Guys from ID, seriously, CPMA managed to decrease the bounce and pushes from the weapons, all for good and for more competitive play, and now you're acting totally against what's proven for a whole decade.
Congratz, ID! Now you really pissed some ppl. Out of beta, paid service > that would mean CONTROLLED enviroment. Not changed.
I think moving quad to 3x is good idea.
i mean, changing quad to 3x is not necessarily a bad idea, i just want most of everything sticks back to the original Q3, there doesnt need to have a set of standards to establish, but Quake 3 is an old game and everyone used to it and loved it so original is simply the best and will always live on our minds
I'm fairly conflicted about posting here for obvious reasons; This thread is going to be viewed as basically a *****ing-black hole and I wonder if any of these concerns will be addressed directly.
but... There is a missing announcement form the Developers in all this.
If, somewhere, there is a notice directing players how to turn off the physics updates, then I apologise for this complaint; but I have so far have found no mention of how to turn off the acceleration in the chain jumping.
QL seems to be one of those interesting places where you are... 'encouraged' to find out these kinds of things for yourself so finding out about what controls stepheight is no big deal but you've missed a beat with the chain jumping.
Unless of course the majority of those seasoned players complaining about the effects this has on expert-level play are ALL trolls!
Learning the difficult jumps seems to be THE KEY component of the interest being generated around the learning aspect of QL game-play. FFS it should be difficult!!
Feetals Gizz! don't make the game easier because the idiots are more howlingly, persistently, undyingly, belligerent than last decade.
This thread is close to breaking QL Forum's rage thread record.