+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Update - October 26, 2010

*Dehumaniz3d
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    [*]Changed Quad factor from 4x to 3x.
    Now thats total nonsense, why should quad be 3x if it's name itself suggests 4x?

Senior Member angst is on a distinguished road
    the new movement has some wierd consequences http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlqVteaX23E

*2chan
    Chain jumping? Stepheight change? Seriously? You're going to tweak around with game physics this far into it? Making jumps which weren't difficult but took some skill into taking less notwithstanding the fact every map thus far (and nearly all maps are old quake 3 maps) have been made with the standard physics in mind.

For instance wall clipping on dm6 doors is all screwed up. At yellow armor, two jump the pillars and wall clip the door tightly only to find yourself stopping because of the height of your jump.
    You can now cross over the higher rocket platform from YA side with a single jump on dm13 without using the pillar.

How about adding Defrag (an entire mod dedicated to quake movement) with strafe pad and circle jump pad maps with "df_hud_cgaz 1" and "df_chs0_draw 1" to quakelive instead if you want the newbs to learn to move around rather than break the game physics for anyone who learned to move which is part of what makes quake what it is.
    Last edited by 2chan; 10-27-2010 at 01:13 AM.

*Dehumaniz3d
    Quote Originally Posted by angst View Post
    the new movement has some wierd consequences http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlqVteaX23E
    wow, cool, i do that all the time to get to mega, now there won't be any advantage of knowing this as getting to mega first will totaly depend on spawn place.

EDIT: just tried out - takes some time to get it, still only 1 out of 5 tries worked for me, others were done as normal (jump led to mega).

P.S. Ofcourse make the 'B2R' easy, nooo remove the only advantage in that map people gained after practicing couple of hours to gain like 3 seconds advantage on getting the rail, with every 2nd update it seems QL is being dumb down to the newby level.
    Last edited by Dehumaniz3d; 10-27-2010 at 01:10 AM.

*mon0
    Seriously id, you suck. I hope QL dies within months, so we can return to Quake instead of this useless tweaked to death QL-Nub****.
    Who requested Tridamage? Who Q3w3, the most boring map ever? Man this sucks so much, unbeliavable.

Member mrgreen is on a distinguished road
    OK so I wanted to do some "testing" before I made a decision on whether I like the new "Tri-Damage" or not, and after testing, I have to say that I don't like it at 3x. IMO raise it back to 4x.

Junior Member akr0nym is on a distinguished road

Cool

4XQDFTW!

Junior Member maertz is on a distinguished road
    People, before you rage mad about the quad being 3x damage, it was 3x in Quake 3 Arena as well.

Not too fond of the physics change btw, you should reconsider, it's a 'messy' system imo.

Junior Member ApAje is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by relove View Post
    CTF community gets no love

no q3wcp9
    no q3wcp18
    no q3wcp14
    no completely brand new maps (yawn.. all old maps ive already played before)

pz
    I agree,q3wcp9 its really needed.

*Deeb0o
    So much ****ing whine on these forums, jesus.
    Changes are fine and i LOVE new physics.

+ Reply to Thread