+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quit Screen

Quit Screen

Everytime I attempt to begin a practise or online match, a seperate window comes up, which is the screen I should be playing on. However, the screen comes up very small, usually before enlarging, only showing me the Quake symbol and a quit button. When I click it, I get the option of 'Do you want to quit', 'Yes' or 'No'. I can click no, but only stay on the same quit screen. I can click yes, and either crash the whole computer on a black screen or end up back on the main page, before being diverted towards a crashed Match screen. This occurs with both Safari and Firefox, but Internet Explorer only shows a grey or black screen with some sound effects. I've tried loads of solutions on the forums, with the same results everytime. Only every once every 15 or so attempts can I play a match, which isn't very useful for a quick game.
    I really need some help, because as far as I can see, there aren't very many solutions.
    (Also, I seem to get a problem where the game content keeps loading, despite the fact it has already loaded before, only without a percentage or time left, and I can't get on any online matches when I search for them).
    Any help is appreciated!!!

got tthe same problem, need advice

lol same here

same 'cept my coputer doesn't crash

same problem here

edit: this is probably the answer: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-can-only-quit

"This happens when you have not downloaded the maps yet. "
    Last edited by _PiTHON_; 12-29-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Junior Member DoomTrain is on a distinguished road
    After I played a few practice matches today with some bots, then I decided hey, I"ll watch some demos, and that all worked fine. But then I logged off and left my PC, came back, now I can't start a match, it just brings me to the quit screen and leaves me no option except to click on Quit.

Same here, years later. What the hell is going on? Is Quake Live still being actively maintained?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Very old thread Selaph..

Yes it is being maintained. It means that you do not have the map you are trying to play on is all.

Junior Member Spark98 is on a distinguished road
    me to on certain maps

How do you get the maps? They have taken CAMPGROUNDS away...my favourite one

+ Reply to Thread