+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobfarming in CTF

Banned CooloutAC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    So shuffle does do that? oh wow ok I didn't know that.

I don't think thers 5 tiers in CA. Feels like only 3 prolly because there is not a big enough playerbase. I think 5 or 6 would be perfect though. Since most will slum anyways.... at least it will save some of the very bottom players.

again I understand why ID has to let people slum. People have streaks and slumps. and some will beat the system anyways to try and slum. and no system is perfect. Sometimes you just have to slum yourself to make things fair. Even though some take advantage of that system. It would be worse without I think now. I guess our only hope is that more people will start playing. So we can have more tiers.
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 10-19-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337_Byte View Post
    I doubt that many people can't get better. Most people who make an effort to get better probably will.
    People can get better of course. But what we are saying is not everyone can be a pro athlete. And ist no fun to play against pro athletes totally owning you. People can play hardcore sports for years and will never compete at the college level/tier 3. Its just a fact of human genetics. Forget about amateur and pro/tier 4 and 5. I understand its good to be optimistic and hopeful. But at some point we have to be realistic. I don't want the game to end up only being tier 5 and 6 players like q3 was. And the lower levels just getting humiliated out of the game. Most people like me and their mama... will always just be tier 3.
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 10-19-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Senior Member Schutzengel is on a distinguished road Schutzengel's Avatar
    Most people can be pro in anything if they're willing to try hard enough.

People don't play pros in public games all the time. There's very few pros in Quake Live compared to the entire userbase. I'm glad that there are less tiers now and the community is opened up.

Most people can be pro in anything if they're willing to try hard enough.

People don't play pros in public games all the time. There's very few pros in Quake Live compared to the entire userbase. I'm glad that there are less tiers now and the community is opened up.
    must be nice in fantasy land.

I truly believe it. If you're dedicated and willing to practice for hours each day, you can be pro.

*IraDeorum
    I truly believe it. If you're dedicated and willing to practice for hours each day, you can be pro.
    .. but, maybe some of us just don't have time to sit for hours each day to practice... I don't have time. Maybe some of us just want to play a few games to relax...
    And yet, there is no team balance, and there are tier slummers - there are people that have no problem to make a new account JUST for one reason - to r*pe lower tier players.. let's just face it - it is true..

well, I play only with people that are my friends, only with people I know that I can play with, usually on domestic servers...

I'm just sayin'

lol I just slummed down from a skill 77 server(which was skillmatched) which i had a bad game with horrible accuracy and 7-10 k/d and 5th on my team.(i'm really a lvl 50)

down to a skill 22 server and mopped the floor up dominating the whole server. i was making the noobs better, giving them practice.

check my last 2 games lmao. welcome to quakelive. Now i have to go take a shower to wash the slime and guilt off.
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 10-19-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IraDeorum View Post
    .. but, maybe some of us just don't have time to sit for hours each day to practice... I don't have time. Maybe some of us just want to play a few games to relax...
    And yet, there is no team balance, and there are tier slummers
    I'm just sayin'
    Well if you don't want to practice that's fine, but you shouldn't complain about unbalanced games. Real close games are pretty rare. Halo 3 had 50 tiers and over 100000 players, and unbalanced games happened quite often.

Anyways, most players in Quake Live have around a 50% win ratio, which means the skill matching system is working as intended.

The solution is to find fun in playing the game, not fun in just winning.

Well if you don't want to practice that's fine, but you shouldn't complain about unbalanced games. Real close games are pretty rare. Halo 3 had 50 tiers and over 100000 players, and unbalanced games happened quite often.

Anyways, most players in Quake Live have around a 50% win ratio, which means the skill matching system is working as intended.

The solution is to find fun in playing the game, not fun in just winning.
    I think a k/d ratio would be better to judge. When i go to a higher tier I might win 50% of the time. But me getting owned and being 5th on my team is usually at about 95% lol. Skillmatching system is working great. But because of slumming and stacking I tier up and tier down to try and balance my stats.

and I think the reason people might complain more about team stacking in this game is because its a small community. I pretty much rarely run into someone i haven't played with already in CA.(on all 3 tiers) You can pretty much tell whos slumming and stacking already dude before the match stats. We not talking 1000s of random players here. Its more blatent and obvious in quakelive.

I try to not hit f3 if i know my team is stacked against, and try not to join a losing team late. And in ql usually throught the match people come and go like water. Out of 5 people sometimes only 1 or 2 stay the whole match. Which is random and happens on everybodies team. But i dont' think that really has anything to do with skill matching.
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 10-19-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Senior Member z33r0 is on a distinguished road
    another day, another complaint about slummers, huh coolout? yet, in every post you mention the importance of your k/d and other stats components. your a sad guy, honestly. we should collect to buy you a excel 2010, or even better access 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucci View Post
    Nay, you speaketh the truth when you trollth with pure ownage. No mod shall cast his shadow upon your divine aura!

+ Reply to Thread